Name That War Film

TasmanianDevil

• 4 months later...

NAME THAT WAR FILM!

Rogues-Regiment-1948-2.jpg

Well, it sure looks like Dick Powell. Don't know a lot of his films, but "Star Spangled Rhythm" is just a guest song for him, in "Mrs. Mike" he's a Mountie, . . . Oh --- I think I might know! Is it "Rogues Regiment"? That's French Foreign Legion, which the hat sure looks like!

Well, it sure looks like Dick Powell. Don't know a lot of his films, but "Star Spangled Rhythm" is just a guest song for him, in "Mrs. Mike" he's a Mountie, . . . Oh --- I think I might know! Is it "Rogues Regiment"? That's French Foreign Legion, which the hat sure looks like!

Ah boy that was fast :lol: Yes the Rogues Regiment 1948.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogues%27_Regiment

Yes of course Elizabeth, this is an open and ongoing topic. But make it a tough as possible when you post photos from the movie.

:D Ooooohhhhh . . . I can see some fun posts! I'm off getting a screengrab now!

BILL THE PATCH

Is that the one with alan Ladd, where he goes back to find who turned his buddy in to the Germans?.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Is that the one with alan Ladd, where he goes back to find who turned his buddy in to the Germans?.

OSS????

BILL THE PATCH

Not OSS, but that's a good one. Love Alan Ladd!

Is it Screaming eagle?, The soldier looks like he's wearing a paratrooper uniform.

Ok while we ponder that one, here's one c060c5b4fdfde3108535cca0c8915cfd.jpg

You picked some tough one here, don't know which one but it will be related to the 1941 Philippines Campaign because of the Philippine Division patch we see being worn.

Your picking some tough ones here, don't know which one but it will be related to the 1941 Philippines Campaign because of the Philippine Division patch we see being worn.

So Proudly We Hail! ????? The movie on the nurses???

BILL THE PATCH

That was the hint Kev, not to many movies made with good detail. Old black and white about the early days of the war. Here's another hint. It's not going to be easy. Very popular moviePosted Image

That was the hint Kev, not to many movies made with good detail. Old black and white about the early days of the war. Here's another hint. It's not going to be easy. Very popular movie42ca8c04b1d0de446a926cc6ddd3abad.jpg

They were expendable 1945

Is it Screaming eagle?, The soldier looks like he's wearing a paratrooper uniform.

No, not Screaming Eagle. :) You were closer the first guess!

So Proudly We Hail! ????? The movie on the nurses???

Oh, that is a powerful movie! Claudette Colbert gives one stunning performance. And Veronica Lake like you don't get to see her . . . her final scene is unforgettable!

BILL THE PATCH

Oh, that is a powerful movie! Claudette Colbert gives one stunning performance. And Veronica Lake like you don't get to see her . . . her final scene is unforgettable!

Captain Carey USA?

Captain Carey USA?

Bingo! One of my favorites! I just love Alan Ladd anyway, but Captain Carey is one of my favorite movies. Even got the US and UK sheet music from it!

BILL THE PATCH

Actually that is the movie I was talking about, not oss. Yes it's a very good movie. Haven't seen it in years.

• 2 months later...
stratasfan

Finally found this thread again! :) Here is another . . . 

DD War Movie 1.JPG