Name That War Film

TasmanianDevil

Name It. attachicon.gifimages.jpg

Sorry for the small image, it was all I could find.

Isn't that Leif Garret, the 70's pop star, as an Australian Coast Watcher in an episode of "Baa Baa Black Sheep?"

Isn't that Leif Garret, the 70's pop star, as an Australian Coast Watcher in an episode of "Baa Baa Black Sheep?"

Your close but Nope, but it is Baa Baa Black Sheep.

Baa Baa Black Sheep, aka Blacksheep Squadron Last episode of the series

Larry Manetti (More famous as Rick from Magnum P.I.) with Peter Frampton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9xMSvihObU

That's right. The episode A Little Bit of England, don't think I seen it for some reason, might of been watching another T.V. show instead, but I do remember the ad for it in the T.V. guide

post-34986-0-28963300-1445110942.jpg

This below copied by me from the episode's IMDB page gives the low down

Peter Frampton supposedly offered to cut his trademark long hair -- at the time a major aspect of his persona -- to appear in this episode. The producers supposedly told him he could keep it long because his character, a coast watcher, would have been in the jungle for a long time and, presumably, unable to get a haircut. But he looked pretty clean and shaved otherwise, and had his own camp and all. They probably should have let him cut his hair. He looks pretty good now with it short. Overall, though, I think his presence makes this one of the series' more memorable episodes. He certainly made a wiser choice with this role than with "Sgt. Pepper."

Yeah, I just could not come up with Peter Frampton for the life of me! But hey, I thought Leif Garret and Peter Frampton were the same person anyways.

Yes the resemblance is there for sure, Frampton of course being 11 years older, still he looked quite younger then his true age.

post-34986-0-76168400-1445187018.jpgpost-34986-0-93714200-1445187006.jpg

That's right, Gregory Pecks a WWII vet with emotional problems stemming from his service, as he struggles with his 50s Corporate job in Manhattan. The unit he was in was the 509th PIB, curiously, the unit fights in the Pacific too (Shades of Objective Burma?) :lol:

In this image we can just see in the background the 509th's Ginger Bread man patch, but this image was the only one I could find.

Well the 509th was once 2/503rd and then 2/509th and lastly 509th PIB and the 503rd did end up in New Guinea and the Philippines too,so .....it kinda makes sense.

Well the 509th was once 2/503rd and then 2/509th and lastly 509th PIB and the 503rd did end up in New Guinea and the Philippines too,so .....it kinda makes sense.

Nah the 2nd Bn 503 was a totally reraised/newly formed unit in Austraila, apart from the redesignations, had no campaign affiliation with the 509th in the MTO/ETO

Well they arrived in England as 2/503rd....

I was clutching at straws for a connection.

From where did the second incarnation 2/503rd spring?

It's very confusing I know, a lot of shuffling around and redesignations among the first Airborne Infantry units then. So lets see, the rest of the 503rd, 1st Bn 503rd PIR, HQ Co and SV Co departs Ft Benning Oct 1942 for Australia, while there the 1st Bn 501st PIR arrives too, it comes from the Canal Zone. In OZ it becomes the 2nd Bn 503rd PIR, on 2 Nov 42.

• 4 months later...

Not Wally Cassell, unless he was in an uncredited role the this Movie Sleeping Car to Trieste with Colleano, it does kinda look like Cassell doesn't it.

Cassell is still alive! 98 years old.

There he is second from the left in the Sands of Iwo Jima, right at the end of the movie.

attachicon.gifSands of Iwo Jima.jpg

His IMDB, he was a quite a few War Movies as we know.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0144082/

and his wiki, on wiki it says he was born in Sicliy and came here at the age of two.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wally_Cassell

Welp, old Wally Cassell has departed us last year, he lived a long rich life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wally_Cassell

Here's Wally in The Story of GI Joe, the one in the center with the facial growth, he played Private Dondaro, an Italian American, from you guessed it Brooklyn USA.....Where Else :D

post-34986-0-87579700-1457151346.png

Name That War Film, It was in Technicolor Too.

attachicon.gifWW2.jpgattachicon.gifWWII.jpg

Since that's James Cagney on the wing, Hudson bombers and in color- ''Captains of the Clouds''

Alan Hale was pretty good in that also. some pretty decent flying as well

• 1 year later...