Name That War Film

TasmanianDevil

We need to check this list of previous movies so that we don't repost movies. This causes problems. "Do I score or not score this?" I leave it to the group on this one but from now on no scores will be given on reposted movies. I posted the list so this would not happen. Now if you guys don't agree with this let me know.

Thank's for your time in doing this, I think it will work fine now.

Fellas, we need to post the most obscurest images from movies in order to make this interesting and just alitle difficult, posting stills with the lead actors just gives it away ;)

Now, see if you know which one this is from, see an I posted an obscure still, it gives a bit of the brain tease :)

attachicon.gifttlttd-09.jpg

There's a interesting twofer with this guy.

Fellas, we need to post the most obscurest images from movies in order to make this interesting and just alitle difficult, posting stills with the lead actors just gives it away ;)

Now, see if you know which one this is from, see an I posted an obscure still, it gives a bit of the brain tease :)

attachicon.gifttlttd-09.jpg

Lindoggie says there is a Twofer with this actor, he's right, in what other film was he seen in?

The other film was The Longest Day. These are his footprints:

longest_day_zps815c6fe0.jpg

That's the one. In actuality, the real life German Officer who did in fact put his boots on the wrong feet in the early hours of June 6th, not only survived the Day, but also the entire Normandy Campaign and the War, it's in Ryan's book, Ryan obviously interviewed him for The Longest Day.

There was German Officer commanding 716 divisions Pioneers who fought the initial engagements against 6th Airborne at Herouvillet in his house slippers till daylight. It was in an After The Battle magazine article

One of his NCO's was later Hanged for executing 9 wounded paras- Unteroffizier Karl Finkenrath Pionier-Batailion 716, No 1 Companie

bootsandbooks

Battle Cry!

Here's my first contribution:

Battle Cry! 1955 I believe.

Sorry, No - but a very good guess, there are several similarities

Miss Sadie Thompson

Battle Cry!

Here's my first contribution:

Battle Cry! 1955 I believe.

Sorry, No - but a very good guess, there are several similarities

bootsandbooks

Miss Sadie Thompson is correct. (post # 569)

Rita Hayworth and Aldo Ray pictured. Aldo Ray was in both this and Battle Cry and that was my first thought also when I found the photo.