90th patch for comments

Patchcollector

Patchcollector

Here is an unusual looking 90th.Described as WW2 era.Any comments on this one are appreciated.

post-13386-0-66930000-1371060626.jpg

Patchcollector

Look's WW2 era to me.Could be German made.

I was thinking the same thing about it's origin,but as I'm fairly new to the theatre made WW2 era unit patches,I was unsure.

firefighter

I just looked at Keller & Keller's book on division patches.I couldn't find your in there.With out holding it it just looks post-war German made.Maybe somebody else will chime in.

Hi guys

Looks US made, different stitch pattern to the norm schiffli made WWII patches, nice example. I guess all of us have example's of odd ball US made variations in our collection's-Phill

It is a WWII US made patch. I have seen these before. Not a Gemsco. This thread pattern can be seen on some Service Command patches, especially in the center of the 1st Service Command. Definitely US though.

-Ski

post-3043-0-56888700-1371089974.jpg

firefighter

I say US made in NJ on 4th Ave 3rd floor of the green building 2nd machine from the left. :D

Now thats accuracy.Who was operating the machine? :dry:

The weave threw me off.

Patchcollector

I say US made in NJ on 4th Ave 3rd floor of the green building 2nd machine from the left. :D

You left out the date.

90thDivHistory

It is a very common patch that is found on many 90th uniforms. I can look to see if it is found on guys who made it to the end or not, perhaps that will tell us if it post war or not. I can say that it is one of the two main variations that I come across most. It is known as the "O over T" patch to me.

The most common one, and I believe the earlier of the two main versions, is the "T over O" 90th patch.

I have still not figured out when the "same plane TOs" patches came in to play as I have found them on things from England through Occupation.

Hope that helps a little.

I can post pictures of all of the variations that I have come across if you guys are interested.

Respectfully,
Tyler Alberts

JerseyDevil117

It is a very common patch that is found on many 90th uniforms. I can look to see if it is found on guys who made it to the end or not, perhaps that will tell us if it post war or not. I can say that it is one of the two main variations that I come across most. It is known as the "O over T" patch to me.

The most common one, and I believe the earlier of the two main versions, is the "T over O" 90th patch.

I have still not figured out when the "same plane TOs" patches came in to play as I have found them on things from England through Occupation.

I can post pictures of all of the variations that I have come across if you guys are interested.

Respectfully,

Tyler Alberts

I would be very interested in seeing those variations.

90thDivHistory

I would be very interested in seeing those variations.

I created a seperate thread for the variations that I have.

Respectfully,

Tyler Alberts

Patchcollector

Respectfully,

Tyler Alberts

Hi Tyler,

I just looked at your thread,thanks for posting all the sweet variations! :)

I started this thread because I was looking through my WW2 era stuff and discovered that I had not even one example of this famous unit,so I started looking around,and found the example that I posted here.

Like Firefighter,I thought that it might be a German made variation,as the weave looked like some that I had seen.

Unfortunately,I can no longer find it for sale,I think it was sold! :(

I did pick this one up today though.It appears to be the "same plane" variation.

I am posting the sellers' photos,I will take better ones and post them when it arrives.

ZoomButt.gif

post-13386-0-46942000-1371398750.jpg

post-13386-0-58593100-1371398756.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Patchcollector

Well my two 90th patches have arrived,so I took some pics and will post them.

post-13386-0-36486100-1372556894.jpg