M1944/1945 Field Pack

Rainbow452

Rainbow452

Hi,

I'm a new member from the Washington DC area. I recently purchased what is supposed to be a M1944 field pack system. Just can't figure out how to assemble it properly and suspect it may be a M1945 system. Does anyone happen to have the assemble instructions for either or both systems?

Thanks,

Mike

mpguy80/08

The M1944 Packset had the quick release straps on the cargo bag that attached to the main combat pack via the small rectangular fittings on the front, back and sides of the top pack. If you have ever seen the M14 ammo pouches and the way they are held closed, the M1944 fittings work the same way. The larger of the two rectangular fittings slips over the smaller rectangular fitting and the canvas strap slides through to hold it together. The M1945 pack sections buckle together. I'd posted how it works here once before but I haven't been able to locate the thread.

Wayne

Thanks, Wayne, that was very helpful. The buckles are a little tricky, but your explanation is great. They fit pretty tight because of some rust, but I should be able to clean it up. guess the little straps were designed to be pulled to perform the quick disconnect of the lower pack.

Mike

ThompsonSavage

These pictures are from a member of the forum.

M1944 cargo pack on the left, M1945 cargo pack on the right

post-45626-0-88993000-1370850914.jpg

Thanks for posting these... the cargo bag comparison and the M1944 Combat pack pics are mine. Somewhere on here I had posted a detailed how to on how to put the M1944 packs together but I'll be darned if I can't find it...

Wayne

Here is a photo of my M1944 pack set - finally figured out how to put it together. Does anyone know what the two loose straps hanging out on both sides are used for?

Thanks,

Mike

post-121456-0-17873700-1371091682.jpg

RustyCanteen
Somewhere on here I had posted a detailed how to on how to put the M1944 packs together but I'll be darned if I can't find it...

Wayne

That is probably being moved into the reference section.

RC

Here is a photo of my M1944 pack set - finally figured out how to put it together. Does anyone know what the two loose straps hanging out on both sides are used for?

Thanks,

Mike

The side straps are for the horseshoe bedroll.

Here is my M1944 packset at the Dayton Airshow in 2011... I have a rolled wool sleeping bag with cover strapped across the top and down the sides of the pack... that's what the straps on the top and sides are for... Just a photo to show it in use... Hope that helps clarify things...

Wayne

post-3743-0-77628200-1371252835.jpg