AAC B7 Goggles

littlebuddy

littlebuddy

would anyone care to show their B7 GOGGLES ??? I have not seen many pairs are they that scarce ???

LB

post-106122-0-19212900-1370642088.jpg

Some info for ya....

These are what I believe to be a later style due to the vents on the top. The earlier would have had just little round tube vents above the lenses. Also the one piece cushions are a later variant as the early models had mostly two piece cushions.

Still an extremely nice pair in great condition.

Still drooling over them.... (wipes slobber off beard)....

littlebuddy

cheers for that Rob !!! i actually hadnt realised till yesterday that B7,s were originally two piece eye pads !! i didnt know about the vents though !!! thanks for that have you any pics of them ??? ILL PUT SOME TISSUES IN THE BOX IM GOING TO POST TO YOU ROB !!! WIPE THAT SLOBBER AWAY ! :D

LB

pararaftanr2

Guys,

For what it's worth, there were two manufacturers of both the B-7 and AN-6530 goggles. The tube vents were used by American Optical and the "streamlined" vents by Charles Fischer Spring, who had a patent on this vent design. It has nothing to do with "early" or late", that is a collector myth. Here is further information on the AN-6530s. http://pilotsmanyourplanes.com/Page_106.html

Best regards, Paul

littlebuddy

Thanks Paul !! so which manufaturer are mine ?? AO ??

Carl

pararaftanr2

Hi Carl,

Your B-7s, and a very nice pair they are, have the "streamlined" vents, therefore, are made by Charles Fischer Spring. If you look on the lower outside of the wearer's left frame, you will see the manufacturer's information. The American Optical goggles (with tube vents) are unmarked, other than the type designation on the nose hinge.

Best regards, Paul

littlebuddy

and lo and behold there it is !!!!!

Thanks Paul

Chas Fischer Spring Co

post-106122-0-91426700-1370787273.jpg

littlebuddy

There must be other pairs in the forum ????? come on dont be shy get 'em out !!!

• 2 weeks later...
littlebuddy

Anyone else got a pair of these goggles ?? please show if you do , thanks

LB