My US WW2-KOREA-VIETNAM-GULF WAR-IRAQ-NOW helmet collection

Hello I am new here....so a few words about me,

I live in Europe, I am a big fan of the US HELMETS (all tipes)

So I decide to post my collection here, bacause I think US helmets are not so popular in Europe. :dry: But I like them so much :love:

A few words about the collection...All helmets are us made, I have bought few in ebay and others I bought personally when I was in the US(my unckle live in the US). Two (pasgt woodland and gulf war) helmets are the gifts from the US soldier (retired B) )

So...lets start...

First of all is the general view

post-105005-0-04112900-1370517955.jpg

Backtheattack

Hello in this forum!! Helmets are a field of collection for itself. In Germany are US helmets a common item bacause of the american forces here.

Backtheattack

nice collection, US helmets are very popular in europe, where are you from? I'm from Belgium. the french have a forum all about the m1-helmet nothing else, and lets not forget the collections of Oosterland and Detrez and some forum members

grts

joachim

Hello in this forum!! Helmets are a field of collection for itself. In Germany are US helmets a common item bacause of the american forces here.

Backtheattack

I am not from Germany I am from Latvia and original US helmets are hard to find here

Let take a look at the ww2 M1, It is the front seam, swivel bail, it has heat stamp (91A) and a letter S (schlueter)

Unfortunatly it has no liner , it has vietnam liner because the soldier used it in medical academy in 1960s :huh:

post-105005-0-12616600-1370520147.jpg

With a such a low heat # and swivel bails it must have originally been a fixed bail shell with the swivels being added retrospectively....probably because the fixed bails were missing or damaged. Are there any scars to indicate this?

With a such a low heat # and swivel bails it must have originally been a fixed bail shell with the swivels being added retrospectively....probably because the fixed bails were missing or damaged. Are there any scars to indicate this?

Nope no scars, no dents on paint or some other damages near the swivel bails, it has all "his own details" without any replacements.

post-105005-0-57437200-1370520803.jpg

post-105005-0-82160600-1370521520.jpg

Nice clean collection!!.....mike

thanks, I like to collect items in nice condition...it takes much longer time to find it...but it is not a problem, It took me 2 years to collect all the helmets

• 1 month later...

Hello and have a nice day.

Here is my Gentex CVC DH132A helmet.

Inner and shell are 1985 date of manufacture.

What is that number need for on the front?

Thank you.

Deniss

post-105005-0-18795900-1375018775.jpg