APH-6A Oxygen Mask Help needed

PA Leatherneck

PA Leatherneck

Greetin gs everyone. An Old Airdale Jarhead here looki ng for some assistance. I'm working on my Marine Cave and need some asistance in locating an MS22001 Oxygen mask with a Hard Shell and Butterfly Clips to go with my APH-6A Dual Visor Flight helmet. Not looking to spend a fortune on it, just want one to use for display of my Helmet. I am restoring it to be identical to the one I used while on Active Duty in the Corps during Late 60s, early 70s. I used to fly back seat on test hops when the aircraft, F-4J Phanotm IIs came out of Calendar Check. I worked in both Seat Shop and Check Crew during that time. Will appreciate any assistance. I've attached a pic of the before for my flight helmet and will post an after pic when I am done. Thanks in advance. I remain, SEMPER FIDELIS.

post-115016-0-94665200-1370390326.jpg

• 2 months later...
northcoastaero

The MS-22001 mask you need will probably have a silicone face piece instead of rubber with an internal round amp. and microphone along with inhalation and exhalation valves. The hard shell would be made of green plastic with butterfly style attachment clips on the straps for the helmet. The upper low pressure hose would be nylon covered and reinforced and have an internal communications wire. There would be a JJ-026 plug at the top and a U-75/U plug near the bottom. The lower high pressure hose would be nylon covered and have a locking connector at the lower end. At the top of this hose, there would be a U-61/U communications connector that mates with the U-75/U from the upper low pressure hose. There is also an internal communications wire that terminates in the locking connector. This lower high pressure hose would probably be made by Oxytronics instead of REDAR. In between the upper low pressure and the lower high pressure hose would be a mini-regulator, most likely the Robertshaw Type 1. The mini-regulator usually has a zippered nylon cover with Velcro that would attach to the SV-2A survival vest or MA-2 torso parachute harness if the harness is modified with survival pockets. The cover would be made from olive drab nylon.