Contents of USMC Upper and Lower Pack

USAF29thINFvet

USAF29thINFvet

I posted a thread on here not too long ago about what a WWII Marine mortarman would wear. Now that I have that in my possession, what would a marine have in those packs as he landed on the beach during an invasion?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

craig_pickrall

You will see tie - ties mentioned in the text. The belt on the upper right is an example of their use.

post-5-0-71616800-1370388929.jpg

post-5-0-55709400-1370388939.jpg

Corpsmancollector

Mr Pickrall to the rescue! The pack manual (and some period photos of personal equipment and bunk displays, posted on the forum) ought to give you all the info you need.

Will

Thanks for the link I keep forgetting to purchase one of those booklets.

It's best to read personal accounts of specific battles to get down the smaller details.

Good luck!

LF

Thanks for the link I keep forgetting to purchase one of those booklets.

It's best to read personal accounts of specific battles to get down the smaller details.

Good luck!

LF

That booklet is very helpful. Not sure what battle your doing but you should read "The Old Breed" Eugene Sledge explains a little bit about what he was wearing when he landed on Peleliu. Im doing a Peleliu impression and I just got a original WW2 USMC blanket today on eBay for $29.00.

Good luck getting your impression together.

Thanks! Yes I've been putting an Iwo Jima impression together for the last few years. One particular intresting item they were givin were Medical Brandy in small bottles. Still haven't seen a picture of one but its those small campaign specific items that really make those battle specific displays click.

Ive read the booklet online but I just wanted to have a hard copy.

Good luck!