Shoulder Holster Help Requested.

30-30remchester

30-30remchester

Enclosed are some photos of two shoulder holsters I purchased. I do not know if they are military or not or if they were commercial. The few books I have do not list them. However you will notice on the Heiser brand it is WWII vintage and has an officers name, rank and serial number inscriped on it. I do not know if these were issue items or what firearms they were manufactured to hold. Any help would be appreciated.

Ebay5-29-1324_zps798b68eb.jpg

Ebay5-29-1328_zpse593677a.jpg

Ebay5-29-1327_zps8fe22244.jpg

Ebay5-29-1325_zps09ffbbf4.jpg

Ebay5-29-1326_zpsc5d2a515.jpg

Charlie Flick

Hello 30-30:

Your first holster is a commercial, private purchase holster made by the famous Hermann Heiser company. Heiser did make holsters for the US Military but I do not think this is one of them. It is a Model 125. It was made to carry a Colt Woodsman "Bullseye" Match Target .22 LR auto pistol. Other guns might be able to fit but that is what this one was made for. While the US military did purchase a number of Colt MT pistols in WW2 (roughly 3900) I am not aware of any shoulder holster purchases for these pistols.

The second holster is USGI and was, in fact, Navy issue for the S&W Victory Model. See the link to a recent thread here on these holsters.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/175474-us-navy-victory-model-shoulder-holster/

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Charlie

30-30remchester

Thanks Charlie, as always a wealth of information on this site. Someday I hope to have something to contribute.