ERE Room

dustin

Thanks Franco!

I have been making a bunch of minor adjustments and as always new additions across the room. I also took better resolution photos for in update.

post-56-0-41460400-1394920476.jpg

• 4 months later...

I put together a new themed display recently of a "Well Prepared" USAAF pilot or aircrew member. In "survival" indoctrination it always stated to be prepared , this individual took steps to assure he would have a compliment of provisions to assure his survival. This USAAF member was forced to bailout somewhere over the Philippines in the spring of 1945. He has just taken inventory of his provisions and on his person is a C-1 vest, pistol belt with two extra magazines, M1910 canteen and supplemented with a E-17 sustenance kit and Australian leg machete attached to left shin. In his left hand he retained the life vest as it may be useful to ford steams, use as a seat cushion or sleeping pad and could prove valuable to store fresh water. He has taken initial steps to have at his ready signaling means, around his neck is the ESM/1 signal mirror and in the right hand is a T-49/M-75 distress signal salvaged from the C-2 raft that was attached to his parachute harness. He has also retained articles from the raft kit that may prove valuable later such as the desalting kit, distress signals and vinylite containers. Overall he was very well prepared but he neglected to wear proper foot wear which were lost during the opening shock of the parachute (this is a cheap excuse not to invest in shoes for display purposes..haha) displayed as a back drop between the legs is the waterproof E&E pouch he is carrying containing cloth maps, drift charts and a compass.

post-56-0-34433300-1406404968.jpg

I knew it! I figured if anyone was going to reply it would be Jerry saying "you need a navy guy!"..... I'm working on it :)

• 2 weeks later...
Infantry Grunt

Man, to think that Louie Zamperini and many others lasted for so long on a raft like that. What was it, 46 days that he and two other men were on 2 rafts like that?!

Great display, it really captures the hardships of pilots and sea men stranded in the Pacific.

Well, it's not a collector room, it's a QM Depot :blink:

Each time I look at this thread, I am really impressed by the quantity and quality of the displayed items.

E

• 4 months later...

Very nice collection of rescue equipment.

I like the blood chits. I had a "Wing King" in Germany who's office was lined with them. Big time collector.

• 5 months later...

Finally got around to putting together a new display and just for Jerry a Marine aviator....so hope your happy now!

This is a representation of an "Aviator Adrift" summer of 1945 outfitted with all the new emergency equipment available at that time along with some older types.

post-56-0-16164700-1434582182.jpg

Outch ... I almost fell of my chair when I saw your display :wacko:

When will you stop to amaze us ... no, no, don't stop please, that's always a pleasure to enter your on-screen emergency room !!

Thanks, E