Experimental Grenade Bandolier?

Backtheattack

Backtheattack

Found this on ebay, it reads interesting, but I couldn`t found anything about it. Looks like the regular cavalry bandolier but for grenades? What did you mean?

Backtheattack

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-U-S-Army-Issue-Gas-Grenade-Bandolier-Experimental-J-Q-M-D-1942-Un-issued-/190719986483?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c67cc0b33

I would agree its for grenades.Hard to say but BAR mags wouldnt fit in my thinking.

There also was a set of pouches that show up from time to time with large belt loops and covered pouches that were intended for grenades.Also looks like the belt shown has pouches for 45 auto or carbine mags as stated

The add states made in 1944 but if you look close you see JQMD 1942 or am I going blind. It could be I am going blind .

The description is basically correct. It was made for 8 chemical grenades, 2 M1911 magazines and 2 M1 rifle clips. Every one that I have ever seen was dated 1942.

These were not "experimental", but rather Limited Issue. A similar, but earlier, bandoleer can be seen in photos of the Army clearing the Bonus Marchers tent camp in DC in the late 1930s. In WWII, they would have been meant for MP guards at POW camps and for as-needed use for riot control. IIRC they were Chemical Corps issue items, not QM, so do not appear in QM stock lists.

Backtheattack

Thank`s for your information about this. As I told, never seen one here in Europe.