1960's Army Officer's Blue Cap

RustyCanteen

RustyCanteen

Here is a 1960's Army Officer's Blue Cap I thought might be worth sharing photos of, the camera didn't really pick up the vibrancy of the bullion leaves on the band, the hat almost looks new.

I thought it looked better than the men's version by having the leaves on the band instead of the visor, but that's just me.

RustyCanteen

Thank you both for your comments.

Ian, it's a shame we do not see more posted; surely there are more items hiding in collections?

RC

Thank you both for your comments.

Ian, it's a shame we do not see more posted; surely there are more items hiding in collections?

RC

The guys are too coy to admit to a liking for female uniforms!! :blush:

RustyCanteen

The guys are too coy to admit to a liking for female uniforms!! :blush:

Good point, I also wonder if the collectors feel there isn't enough interest to dig them out and post them?

We'll have to work on changing that. :)

RC

Good point, I also wonder if the collectors feel there isn't enough interest to dig them out and post them?

We'll have to work on changing that. :)

RC

Thanks! :)

Hey now! I collect female uniforms!

Don't get any ideas! :)

I wish I had the money to get more and the accessories.

RustyCanteen

Thanks! :)

No problem, I would really like to see more posted!

How about it everyone, let's see what you have hiding in your collections! I don't care if it's one piece or one-thousand, if we don't see it then we can't appreciate it. Please share them with us.

RC

RustyCanteen

Hey now! I collect female uniforms!

Don't get any ideas! :)

I wish I had the money to get more and the accessories.

Feel free to share them with the forum.

I have to say, this is an under appreciated area of the forum; let's remember and honor the women who served by getting this stuff out of boxes in the back of a collection room and onto the forum! B)

RC

RustyCanteen

Does anyone have a complete uniform for this hat to share with us, or any other hats?

RustyCanteen

Amazingly enough, I can't seem to find a 1960s period photo showing the women's Army blue uniform.

• 1 month later...

Hi RC and all fellow members,

Thank you RC for starting this thread, I enjoyed seeing the beautiful cap you posted, a pristine example.

Our own dear Kat pointed me to this thread today. I had shared with her a recent addition to my collection and she suggested I post it here. I hope you all enjoy.

This is a 1950's USMC EW Cap, in beautiful condition. The nice thing is that it is IDed.

Her name was/is Irene G Woodbury who served in the Corps from 1956 through 1958. Stationed at Quantico, during her career she was assigned to WmServBn MCS, D Co HQBn MCS and WM Co HqBn MCS. She ended her stint as a Corporal. She did not re-enlist as she got married!

post-48324-0-71006700-1374789997.jpg

I have several shots that will hopefully be of use to others for future reference.

Best wishes to everyone!

Joe

RustyCanteen

Joe, Thank you for sharing a wonderful hat, the condition is excellent and it's a beautiful example!

RC

Joe,

Thanks so much for adding this beautiful cap to this thread. It is in mint condition! Congrats on a wonderful cap!

....Kat