My first Vietnam grouping / Posthumous Silver Star

D_Dutch

I have this grouping for almost a year now but due to the fact that contact with the family of the soldier did not really go well, I never posted this before. However, I have given it a lot of thought and decided to post it, only having "erased" the name of the soldier on everything. I hope nobody has a problem with that. The grouping includes all of his medals, photographs during his training and service in Vietnam, a lot of letters send to the mother after he was killed in action, newspaper articles and several documents regarding the posthumous award of his medals.

First up are some of the photographs.

post-12867-0-63404700-1370120510.jpg

post-12867-0-85621700-1370120515.jpg

Outstanding grouping!!! Do you know what unit he was in in Vietnam? God bless this brave soldier and keep him.

Great grouping. I can understand you wanting to keep the name under the radar. Looks like some of the photos are from when he was with the 41st Infantry (2nd Armored Division) at Ft Hood, Tx. What unit was he with in VN?

Silver Star Medal citation. I tried uploading the full citation in a better resolution but unfortunately I exceeded the max. file size.

post-12867-0-44870100-1370125221.jpg

• 2 weeks later...