Yukon Pack Board Accessories

garanddaddy

garanddaddy

I should get a type 1 pack board Friday 5-31-13 it appears to be in very good condition with markings and 42 or 43 dated.

It has the five hooks on each side for lashing cord or quick release straps. What kind, size and how long would the cord have been.

How many quick release straps would have been the norm? From what I have seen the straps had makers marks and were dated, would they have been used with the type 1 pack board or was the cord more common, easier to find, or cheaper?

Thanks for any help !

Johan Willaert

My unused Yukon type packboard came with a rolled up cord, but no quick release straps which as far as I know where introduced with the 1944 plywood packboard...

I'm not planning on opening up the rolled cord, but could get you an estimated length once I get home...

post-92-0-27259800-1369914072.jpg

garanddaddy

Very Nice Indeed !

I don't blame you for not unrolling it, wardogmilitaria.com has "Pack Board Rope, NOS, WWII" (20') advertised for sale.

I would say it looks similar to what you have, do you think it does ?

If you would like I would be willing to purchase the war dog rope have it mailed to you and you can send me the old nasty one you have I'll pay postage of course !

Thanks for the photo and information .