REMEMBER 2nd Cav during Desert Storm

BIGGREG

Recently we had the chance to participate in the Opening of the REED MUSEUM, we helped for all the preparation and decided to show the recent story of that unit.

Here you will see part of it to be specific: Desert Strom

Enjoy

post-64352-0-13844500-1369840394.jpg

Looks good but the inverted V on the door is waaaay too neat for GI work! We used mops to paint on the desert CARC and a guy went around with black paint and made two rough lines for the V. It's sobering to see my era being represented in a historical sense, but good job!

ALL THESE PICTURES are REENACTMENT none of them are pictures from 1991.

all pics have a Orange R on the lower Right... for the 2 that they don't have it.. I APOLOGIZE...i posted them too fast..

Looking good! I would add a LBE (mostly for the canteens) and a M17 series mask when walking around. I remember that shortly after DS the order came down that jungle boots (OD or black) were no longer authorized, probably 1992 or so.

willysmb44

Very good work! DS is something that you don't see much of now, but you will see more of every year.

I got a group together in 2011 for the 20th anniversary of DS and we did several shows and parades set up for that era. We got a lot of thanks from the vets, one guy got misty eyed and said, "I swear, I never thought anyone would ever care about us..."

Just like in the 80s and 90s people laughed at the idea that anyone would ever wanna do Vietnam living history, DS is inevitable. I tell youunger collectors all the time to buy up all the good DS stuff they can and hold onto it.

Thank you... all for the views and comments

@willysmb44 you are ABSOLUTELY right... we ran into some Des Storm vets too at the Dragoon Week...and they were very happy and impressed to see our Living History display.

I'll post some more..

and some equipment details

Radio Mount is a post DS version & seems that it has ASIPs installed - who did you "borrow" the HMMWV from? LOL

You are ABSELOUTELY 100% right.... we borrowed that vehicle from the barracks since we did the opening of the museum there.. :-)

I'm happy that you noticed very good eyes and appriciate the digging in details... ;-)