Battle Of Midway

navrocky

I want to buy the DVD MIDWAY but am a bit hesitant for fear it is an inaccurate and hurried portrayal of the real event. Can someone please give me a review and tell me of its accuracy and attention to detailed history or is it just a "Hollywoodized" version of this epic event.

Thanks for the responses

I want to buy the DVD MIDWAY but am a bit hesitant for fear it is an inaccurate and hurried portrayal of the real event. Can someone please give me a review and tell me of its accuracy and attention to detailed history or is it just a "Hollywoodized" version of this epic event.

Thanks for the responses

its "Hollywoodized". a lot of scene's used from tota tora. but pretty much accurate.

panzerbait

For a Hollywood production it's actualy fairly good. They used quite a bit of original color footage from the period, and it shows because a lot of it is post Midway with inaccurate aircraft, etc., but overall it was a good movie for the time it was made. And I stop flipping through the channels and watch it if it's on too!

RustyCanteen

It's worth watching.

I wouldn't say it's exactly the way it happened, but it's still entertaining.

• 4 years later...

Looking at the IMDB, It appears a new movie about the Battle of Midway is in pre-production, to be directed by Roland Emmerich. It sounds interesting, and the battle (especially the aviation scenes) could really benefit from modern CGI and effects techniques.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6924650/?ref_=adv_li_tt