My modern set so far

svt40

Here are all of my modern helmets so far. I figured I'd get into them before they get more expensive and while you can still find honest salty used examples.

The overall shot. Forgive the mess, 3 years here and I have yet to unpack...

092_zps321f3e19.jpg

Desert storm PASGT. This was one that I took home with me after DS1. We never wore them much as the Navy was just beginning to phase out the M1.

071_zps84c5d0e0.jpg

3ID DCU cover with a PASGT.

072_zpsfa757cba.jpg

Here is a 502nd 101st AB ACH. They seem pretty common. All the rhino mount goodies on this one too.

073_zps7c501d54.jpg

Another one that seems pretty common. 2nd Batt 44th ADA ACH. This one is named on the band.

074_zps363760fe.jpg

075_zps5bcd58fa.jpg

A 4ID extra large ACH. This one actually fits my melon. Patched on one side only. No idea what the carabiner would be for or why a red one.

076_zps36706014.jpg

077_zps865e2d84.jpg

2nd Batt 320FA 101st AB. No foliage band but the cats eyes are sewn onto the rear of the cover itself.

078_zps5fafc1ba.jpg

080_zpsab8ee11b.jpg

USMC LWH. I've shown this one before. It was a lucky purchase for far less than what the commonly sell for.

081_zpsdac9149f.jpg

082_zps4fe18ca3.jpg

083_zpseb93f86d.jpg

A recent pickup. Another USMC LWH with a different suspension system in it. Plus it came with a light.

084_zpsd2f6b232.jpg

085_zps3535ae2d.jpg

086_zps2c7b166d.jpg

A nice ACH with a used multicam cover. Also named.

087_zpsa1777f58.jpg

088_zps1c92cd68.jpg

yep, that's a fine family of modern lids! Makes me appreciate them all that much more! I have a few, but I definitely think I need a few more! I've been watching this series called "Inside Combat Rescue", great show and extremely talented medics doing tough work, and it's made me really want a PJ medic helmet with a multicam cover!

Nice collection! Very impressive!

Rick

Theorywolf

Really great collection! I recently got my first Kavelar helmet and woodland cover, nice 1980s helmet. Now I hope to get one of the most recent models.

Cheers,

Mike

Excellent! We're used to seeing collections which comprise of many M1s, but rarely, if ever, multiple PASGTs and ACHs. Super collection...well done!

• 2 weeks later...

My newest acquisition. A large SDS with the new NWU type III AOR2 camoflage. I'm still on the hunt for a type II AOR1 cover.

Also notice no comms flap on the rear. I added the NVG mount that I had laying around.

006_zps68450e92.jpg

007_zpsfeaaaa90.jpg

The USN eagle upside down on the front. Also the only one I could find on the cover.

008_zps8f553e0b.jpg

• 9 months later...
avidcollector

I really want to get a LWH for my collection soooo bad but there just so expensive, I also want to get another PASGT because the one I had wasn't named to anyone or salty practically new so I traded it off for a very salty MICH2000 with reversible cover from 3 color desert to woodland, I was happier with the SDS MICH2000, and can you guys help me find a cheap LWH its hard to buy one when your only 16 years old and don't have a great job. Thanks Randy.Y

NGCoastArtillery41

You wouldn't happen to have any extra NVG mounts for an ACH do you? I finally picked one up an ACH but really want to be able to mount my NODS to it.

I really want to get a LWH for my collection soooo bad but there just so expensive, I also want to get another PASGT because the one I had wasn't named to anyone or salty practically new so I traded it off for a very salty MICH2000 with reversible cover from 3 color desert to woodland, I was happier with the SDS MICH2000, and can you guys help me find a cheap LWH its hard to buy one when your only 16 years old and don't have a great job. Thanks Randy.Y

Just watch e-bay that is where I get most of my helmets. The LWH I picked up with the name Murphy on it was a BIN of $120 which is dirt cheap for an LWH. Just keep your eyes peeled and you'll find one.

You wouldn't happen to have any extra NVG mounts for an ACH do you? I finally picked one up an ACH but really want to be able to mount my NODS to it.

I only have one incomplete early mount with the ratchet strap but missing the hook for the rear of the shell. My next trip to Ft Hood though I can probably pick some up.

Since this thread has re-surfaced here are two more ACH's I have picked up since the last one shown here.

101st AB 187th Inf "Rakkasan"

046_zps5c105803.jpg

34th Inf

049_zps3312e5be.jpg