Removing stains from a WWII M-41 Parson's Jacket

Wolfhounds

Wolfhounds

As the topic states, does anyone know of a product or a solution on how to remove stains from a original vintage WWII M-41 Parson's Jacket ???

Any help of ideas would be greatly appreciated !!!

Thanks,

Sean

post-5458-0-10866100-1369510631.jpg

post-5458-0-14679600-1369510635.jpg

post-5458-0-95000100-1369510639.jpg

Personally, I'd avoid the "self-treatment" approach. Best take it to a professional dry-cleaners and let them assess it. I had one cleaned once but had to sign a disclaimer because being a vintage garment there was no modern care label. It worked out fine.

ThompsonSavage

I would keep it as is. Too many risks involved in cleaning the jacket, especially if the tags are still readable.

Wolfhounds

Besides dry cleaning, is there any common household product that anyone can recommend ???

Thanks,

The problem is, if you go after individual stains with a commercial stain remover you risk two things. Firstly, fading the fabric in the area where you applied it....and secondly, leaving distinct "watermarks" where it's been applied when it dries out. Remember...it's 70+ year old cotton poplin. It might look sound enough but the dye is not necessarily stable after all this time. Whatever you do is a calculated risk...that's why it's best to get it looked at by the professionals IMHO.