Does Anyone Know What This Firearm's Manufacturing Tool Is (Marked Colt)?

AirMechanic

AirMechanic

I found this amongst some vintage ammo and military items. I thought it was somehow gun related and took a chance on it. This item is 6" height x 1 3/8" long x 1/2" wide. I believe it is made of brass and it has some weight to it. This item is like a rectangular bar in shape, with the front edge precisely rounded. The bar has been finely milled and someone put a lot of time into this, so I think it is some kind of tool, die, pattern, etc for manufacturing something, maybe magazines. There are round marks on the top end, perhaps some kind of tool marks where this was used in a press. It is engraved on the front upper corner: (looks like a C, it's a little corroded) OLT'S GM (maybe another letter, it's illegible), R.W. Parker. I did a brief internet search using R.W. Parker and found out that he had a patent for something to do with ammunition. Does anyone know what this is? Thanks!

post-7244-0-32241700-1369342915.jpg

post-7244-0-62085700-1369342922.jpg

post-7244-0-62156400-1369342930.jpg

187thAirborne

just a guess.......maybe to knock out kinks in pistol magazines like the 45 ACP, Luger, etc.....

I don't think it is a magazine mandrel. It wouldn't be made of brass if it was. It looks more like an inspection gauge to see if the finished magazine well is in spec.