WW2 Missouri state guard aero squadron

501stGeronimo

501stGeronimo

Does anyone know what the missouri state guard aero squadron worn on their uniforms? Did they wear the usaaf props and what type of wings did they wear? Thanks

Johnny Signor

Missouri had the 110th between the wars try looking up their lineage, they also had the 430th Pursuit Squadron that was with the Organized Reserves of Missouri.

They had an emblem of an American Indian sitting on a horse he has his hand raised to his forehead and is holding an Bow in the other , there is a small ground area below horses hooves and the overall design is on a heart shaped background with a motto scroll below it on an overall round background, the motto had wording "Venimus Vicimus", they were out of Richards Field,Missouri.

Johnny

501stGeronimo

I have insignia to the 1st Missouri State Guard Aero Squadron. I was wondering what their uniforms consisted of.

Johnny Signor

There's one photo there of Lindberg and others, he's wearing the "US" and Prop/wing" pins on his lapels ,also and older photo of several men with large "US" and prop/wing" on the neck/collar and their pilot wings above left front pocket

Johnny Signor

Very cool looking patch, first time I've ever seen it ,thanks for sharing it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny

501stGeronimo

No problem... I have 3 uniforms from one man that have the infantry version on it! Very cool and interesting insignia!

Missouri had the 110th between the wars try looking up their lineage, they also had the 430th Pursuit Squadron that was with the Organized Reserves of Missouri.

They had an emblem of an American Indian sitting on a horse he has his hand raised to his forehead and is holding an Bow in the other , there is a small ground area below horses hooves and the overall design is on a heart shaped background with a motto scroll below it on an overall round background, the motto had wording "Venimus Vicimus", they were out of Richards Field,Missouri.

Johnny

The 110th would be part of the Missouri National Guard, not the State Guard.

Johnny Signor

Yes , I wasn't sure what area/era exactly he was searching for ..........................................

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...