When military collecting and a psychic wife collide

MattS

I count myself as a skeptic too, but my wife seems to 'know' things just by walking into a room. Now my dad's story is interesting because there's almost enough detail there to pin down the pilot in his story. Keeping in mind my father was born in September of 1943, it would probably predate that which could include Wake, Midway, and a lot of the naval battles in the South Pacific (Guadalcanal, Solomons, etc.). He remembers it was a large warship (battleship or heavy cruiser) he lived on and not a carrier and after locating the Japanese, he never made it back to the ship.

HoovieDude

I've had similar experiences. My wife and I keep seeing a shadow dart from one side of the room to the other, that wasn't there in the years before I started collecting. About 5 and some small change with brownish hair.

Jack's Son

....My wife and I keep seeing a shadow dart from one side of the room to the other, that wasn't there in the years before I started collecting. About 5 and some small change with brownish hair.

He should be a good playmate for Junior!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
militariaguy97

History amn,u really.need.to.get that recording for us to.hear cause that will be amazing if it is true!

RustyCanteen

Does anyone remember the days of the "haunted" militaria auctions on ebay, or was that too long ago for anyone to remember?

There was one auction in particular that had an interesting description, it was a "haunted" uniform and came complete with "battle" sounds or something. Anyone remember it?

Yeah, I remember seeing a view items for sale with a "ghost story" attached to them.

But I prefer those presented by a nice looking lady .... B)

Erwin

Does anyone remember the days of the "haunted" militaria auctions on ebay, or was that too long ago for anyone to remember?

There was one auction in particular that had an interesting description, it was a "haunted" uniform and came complete with "battle" sounds or something. Anyone remember it?

I definitely remember them. They were common place for quite a while. I remember one guy had a few that always started with something like "My wife said this has to go because it is haunted" and then would proceed to explain what would happen.

They were always entertaining! :lol:

JD

That was an interesting thread until the guy jumped to primp his book on haunted collections.

Count me in as one of the hard nosed skeptics.

gwb123 -

"We have had a number of threads where people have reported strange and odd things happening around their collections or at reenactments at historic sites.

Use the search term "paranormal" and you will turn up a number of them, including this golden oldie....

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/12421-paranormal-in-your-collection/?hl=paranormal

Be warned, we have had a fair number of hard nosed skeptics also comment on these topics."

Good to know that there are tohers like me. I've got stuff from every era and from those who were KIA and I have never ever, even once, maybe thought, that there could possibly maybe be something paranormal in my colletion. I walk through cemetary's at night wothout getting the willyboogers.

That was an interesting thread until the guy jumped to primp his book on haunted collections.

Count me in as one of the hard nosed skeptics.

• 3 years later...

Some hootches in Vietnam gave us the willies, especially one section. Never knew who had been there through the war , just had a creepy feeling. I imagine some areas of Vietnam may be " hainted". Can't remember any of my collection giving off bad vibes. Wifes BFF boyfriend can ride by a house and feel " something", says you dont want that house. As for " haints" or ghosts, anyone stationed at Ft. Bragg up to early 80's? Ever hear of the " Vander Light"?? Thats another story.

I'm a skeptic as well, but I did have one odd experience. Shared it once before years ago, may as well share it again.

I have a collection of dog tags hanging on wooden boards in my living room, numbering around 80. I had recently acquired a dog tag to a 7th Marine Regiment man who served as a 37mm anti-tank gunner for the entirety of the Regiments stay on Guadalcanal. He went on to Cape Gloucester and received a pretty severe gun shot to the lower leg 10 days in, taking him out of the war for good and causing him to suffer from "drop foot" for the rest of his life (his foot was basically limp and his toes dragged on the ground when he walked). He passed away of a heart attack in 1974.

I routinely will walk up to the tags, grab one, admire it, recollect the veterans story. I happened to pick up this Marine's tag one day and it was extremely warm to the touch. I found it odd, picked up a few other tags which were the normal cold-steel/aluminum feeling that they always are, even in summer. I've never experienced that again since that day. It's worth noting that I ordered his file and there are extensive notes post-war from a physician who examined him and discovered some staggeringly severe PTSD, heartbreaking stuff.

Is this a paranormal experience? Who knows, I sure don't. Was it odd and unexplainable? Sure was.

Thanks for sharing guys! I was relaying these responses to my wife.

She says, "A personal item worn every day (like dog tags) would have the best chance of retaining residual energy from the owner. Especially so if it was worn during a traumatic event that affected him for the rest of his life."

So there you go.