Appointment in the Ardennes

on-to-berlin

on-to-berlin

Hello Gents

Here is a video for you entertainment:

We made it on the last La Gleize march.

All new footage which has been worked on.

Enjoy!

Great realistic looking B&W news reel type video! Troops look real authentic. BUT, a barrage of 88s would have gotten them all! Spacing was way too close for a real route march in a combat zone. BUT, a very enjoyable video.

Bobgee

DOGFACE1944

Yes excellent work. Only thing I would suggest aside being to close is to loose all the rank in a combat zone.

Mike

Well... going by original pics of the 82nd moving up to the front lines, even the originals managed to bunch together when not in direct combat:

rahier5041.jpg

Of course, it's the scenes where the guys are closer that look better in the footage - more men per frame!! ;) Although I'm sure our cameraman can come up with some footage with us more widely-spaced during the march, especially up the hills!

And there's enough pics of the 82nd in the Ardennes wearing rank, both officers and NCO's, so they mustn't have been that bothered. Have looked into this one, so I'm happy with the rank being worn in the group. For example:

rahier5042.jpg

Cheers,

Glen.

• 3 months later...
Well... going by original pics of the 82nd moving up to the front lines, even the originals managed to bunch together when not in direct combat:

rahier5041.jpg

Of course, it's the scenes where the guys are closer that look better in the footage - more men per frame!! ;) Although I'm sure our cameraman can come up with some footage with us more widely-spaced during the march, especially up the hills!

And there's enough pics of the 82nd in the Ardennes wearing rank, both officers and NCO's, so they mustn't have been that bothered. Have looked into this one, so I'm happy with the rank being worn in the group. For example:

rahier5042.jpg

Cheers,

Glen.

Those are great picyures of the 82nd, where did you find them? ~ Tim