camopara

USMC UNIS marked uniform

Hello, new to the forum haha but I recently got a pair of second pattern tanker bibs with a white semi circle with a K3 in white lettering and a white 6 about the semi circle. Any thoughts?

Hello, new to the forum haha but I recently got a pair of second pattern tanker bibs with a white semi circle with a K3 in white lettering and a white 6 about the semi circle. Any thoughts?

hello

have you pic ?

thanks

olivier

airborne53 Im unsure how to use this forum just yet as you can tell haha but if you type in wwii usmc tanker bibs on google and hit the one where it says about an unknown UNIS marking on a pair of tanker bibs thats mine my friend Steven posted them for me. Thanks

hello

two others with unknown unis

100_7333.jpg

100_7336.jpg

thanks

olivier

Hi Olivier!

I was just browsing this thread and saw your post and it immediately made me think of the tactical symbols that you usually see as unit designators on maps. I'm pretty sure that the marking on the bandoleer and lower pack is designating a recon unit. The K may represent K company? Here's a master list that was from an Osprey publication. Although it is from an Army document, Marines use the same symbols. Take a look.

post-8235-0-64749100-1527174710_thumb.jpg

Looking for anything related to Army Ranger Battalions from World War II

hello

thanks

but marking is from 2 div , 6th marines , 3rd bat , co K

1st bat co B ? marking on back pack

unis_623.jpg

1st bat CO B on gas mask bag

unis_237.jpg

unis_238.jpg

olivier

Alec,

I hope you are still on the forum. The picture you posted of Ian G. Beswick's map case on May 21, 2013 belonged to my father. He was in the Marines 2nd division and fought in Saipan and Tinian. Can we talk off line? My email is beswickcl@gmail.com.

Thank you.

Greetings Gentlemen. I figured Id add to this topic, versus starting yet another on UNIS markings. Please indulge me, as its not a uniform, strictly speaking. Id like to share a seabag and hbt cap to Korean War Marine P.a.u.l. L. S.i.t.e.s.

He appears on USMC Muster Rolls from April of 1952 to July of 1954. (Note: There is a typo in his MCSN early, which is corrected by mid-enlistment). By July of 1952, he was a PFC in HQ Battery, 10th Marines, 2nd MARDIV. He never left that unit, showing the addition of a BN designation in October of 1953, to HQ-3-10, 2nd MARDIV. In April / July of 1954, he shows in the Enlisted Reserves in Chicago. Beyond this gentlemans service, what I find interesting, is below are the markings on his seabag.

So, he was only ever in the 2nd Marine Division, but has a horizontal lozenge (aka diamond) on his seabag. This, in contrast to what weve come to expect, which should be a square. Now, I know there is some conjecture about vertical versus horizontal lozenge for 1st and 3rd MARDIVs, but this is wildly different.

Anyhow, I thought I would share, as it has added to my conf-unis-ion. :)

post-94991-0-31405700-1538754967.jpeg

post-94991-0-79940000-1538754982_thumb.jpeg

FWIW, found this from 20+ years ago when collected USMC.post-6975-0-68511200-1538830388_thumb.jpeg

"The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him" G.K. Chesterton

"A people that values it's privileges above its principles will soon lose both" D.D. Eisenhower

donation2009.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2017.gif

This lower pack is marked with a yellow triangle and a yellow H on the back and the front has the stencil for the 2nd Bn HQ Co. 14th Marines. That would put this pack as being part of the 4th Marine Division. Anyone else have yellow diamond or other shapes marked items?

SO Far we have:

WHITE for 1st Div CONFIRMED

Black for 2nd Div possibly confirmed

Yellow for 4th unconfirmed

I have a 14th Marines marked sea bag, and besides the 612 inside the half circle, there is a red 5 inside a white circle.

Always buying USMC named uniforms and unit marked items.

"Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid"

Map case belonging to Curtis W. Kinney, MIA Tarawa. Co. B, 2nd Amphibian Tractor Batt., 2nd MarDiv.

Do these double red diamonds represent the 2nd Amph Batt?

post-7698-0-28797300-1585462296_thumb.jpg

Here's a unis marked sea bag belonging to Homer W. Davis Jr. who was in the 3rd Motor Trans. Batt., Serv Troops, 3rd MarDiv, so the horizontal diamond on the bag would confirm this marking used by the 3rd MarDiv.

post-7698-0-42997500-1585462673_thumb.jpg

Third Assault Amphibian Battalion! Or 3rd tracks. My unit for almost 4 years.

Thought I would add something I recently picked up, it is a UNIS marked USN signal generator. The markings on are on the base and lid.

Does anyone know what the UNIS mark stands for?

Philip

3rd Assault Amphibian Battalion - 3rd Tracs. I served with this fine unit for close to 4 years.

I can't tell what the number is inside of the triangle. Could you please let us know what it is? I have a 3rd MarDiv marked upper pack with 302 inside. Is mine a 3rd Tank Battalion marking?

hello

great camo uniform !!!!

l have small Unis code on P1 canteen case

Quentin H Joy 1st lieutnant 3rd tank battalion , 3rd Div

100_5310.jpg

olivier

post-7698-0-75453700-1586299012_thumb.jpg

Here are my two UNIS marked P4 canteen covers, 531 & 524. So what unit are these from?

post-165768-0-51226700-1586455092_thumb.jpg

Mike B. in 'Bama

Both are 4th MarDiv units.

531 = HQ, 3rd Battalion, 25th Regiment

524 = G Co., 2nd Battalion, 25th Regiment

Thanks Stony!

Mike B. in 'Bama