WW2 Detached Enlisted Personnel garrison cap.

Sabrejet

I've been looking for just such a garrison cap for my collection for some time. I've got most WW2 BOS colours but this is one of the harder to find colours...at least, it is on this side of the big pond! Detached or "Unassigned" personnel were temporarily not assigned to any particular Branch of Service. Today, it's known as "Branch Immaterial".

The piping colour is emerald green. I believe this particular cap to be privately purchased example as it's of officer quality OD elastique, has no QM label and is rayon-lined with a leather sweatband.

The Detached insignia was / is a brass collar disc bearing the Great Seal of the USA. I pinned this WW2 example onto the cap for display purposes.

post-8022-0-67720500-1368707597.jpg

post-8022-0-46392000-1368707611.jpg

Very nice Ian! At the moment which ones are you lacking? I have most of them as well. The ever elusive FSSF will probably remain vacant for some time to come!

Very nice Ian! At the moment which ones are you lacking? I have most of them as well. The ever elusive FSSF will probably remain vacant for some time to come!

Off the top of my head, a black-piped Chaplain's and of course the oh-so-elusive FSSF! :oMy aim has been to collect both OD and Khaki examples of each.