Another Army Colonel / Nurse grouping

mvmhm

A few weeks ago I posted the grouping of uniform/equipment items from a friend, Colonel Kathy Hayes. she has been asking her friends if they have anything, and today she brought in two large boxes sent from Utah by her friend Colonel Michelle Olden. They both started out as enlisted medics back in the day. There's an ACU gortex with liner, her ACUs (extra small/shorts), boots (size 5.5), hat, beret, a set of BDUs, t-shirts, riggers belts, socks etc.....as well as a picture of the Colonel wearing one of the uniforms...one neat thing is her gortex sleeve, with a miniature name tape attached to the pocket flap....

post-3423-0-43138100-1368672497.jpg

post-3423-0-25874500-1368672504.jpg

...and Colonel Olden...she's pretty small, judging from her uniforms.....Kathy was also responsible for forwarding to me the West Point grouping I posted a few months back as well.

Mark sends

post-3423-0-20358000-1368672600.jpg

I forgot to add...her ACUs have 807th Medical Brigade patches, and the BDU has the 426th Medical Brigade.

Mark sends

I'm doing pretty good with the Nurse groups...one from WWII, one Cadet Nurse from WWII, two from Vietnam, and two from OEF/OIF...

Mark sends

I'm doing pretty good with the Nurse groups...

Mark sends

Congrats! Have you ever read any books about military nurses? There are some good ones out there.

.....Kat

I've got a few...plus being on the VA grounds, I get to talk to quite a few...

Mark sends

That is wonderful that you get to talk to quite a few! I am jealous!

If you have any good books to recommend, I love to read about women in the military.

Thanks again for posting this!.....Kat