Omnitech Light Restrictive Goggles cicrca 1963

M60 Driver

Every few years I dig these goggles out of the box and post a picture hoping to find more information. These goggles were made by Omnitech of Dudley, MA, the same company that around the same time this contract was made was making the DH-101 nuclear flash helmet system for the US Navy. These goggles have a mirror lens as seen from the outside and are a very, very dark red lens for the wearer. I would guess that these lenses were also intended to reduce nuclear flash blindness for a crew member. From a fashion standpoint, these goggles are, IMHO, outstanding. Any DH-101 collectors out there with any thoughts?

post-779-1206578925.jpg

• 7 years later...

Every few years I dig these goggles out of the box and post a picture hoping to find more information. These goggles were made by Omnitech of Dudley, MA, the same company that around the same time this contract was made was making the DH-101 nuclear flash helmet system for the US Navy. These goggles have a mirror lens as seen from the outside and are a very, very dark red lens for the wearer. I would guess that these lenses were also intended to reduce nuclear flash blindness for a crew member. From a fashion standpoint, these goggles are, IMHO, outstanding. Any DH-101 collectors out there with any thoughts?

Hi !

Strange goggles ! Never seen before...

Would you sell it ?

I collect flightgear & nuc' anti flash gear too