Unusual Chocolate Chip DCU Usage

67Rally

While driving home from work yesterday during a nasty wind/rain/thunder storm yesterday, I spotted this vehicle and something caught my attention yesterday. I was amazed to see such an unusual spare tire cover on the little SUV in the lane next to me:

8737675883_255568bb0f_o.jpg

I am betting this guy is a Desert Storm vet...just a guess.

It's a back pack cover. I have the 3 color on my Jeep. You can get them very cheap on Ebay...

What's even more unusual is a wind/rain/thunderstorm in Washington State! :). (Insert heavy sarcasm here) ....I live just north of you in BC, where we don't tan, we rust ;)

In any case, that's a cool spare wheel cover!

Rick

What's even more unusual is a wind/rain/thunderstorm in Washington State! :). (Insert heavy sarcasm here) ....I live just north of you in BC, where we don't tan, we rust ;)

In any case, that's a cool spare wheel cover!

Rick

Rick...this storm took me entirely by surprise as I was headed to the beach for some surfing and sun-bathing in our routinely tropical weather that we get year-round here in the Seattle area.

The spare tire cover was, for me, a bright moment on a somewhat dreary day. I have my suspicions that the vehicle owner/driver served and this is a statement (subtle for the common citizens yet loud for those of us who served) that is more of a connection that affords an acknowledging head-nod moment between veterans. :dry:

hbtcoveralls

I had one that I used to cover harness on the racks in the barn. Kept the dust off and the price was right

Tom Bowers

I buy them up almost everytime I see them for my 4x4s. When they fade out, they get pimped out.

post-9491-0-36020100-1368556434.jpg

Rick...this storm took me entirely by surprise as I was headed to the beach for some surfing and sun-bathing in our routinely tropical weather that we get year-round here in the Seattle area.

The spare tire cover was, for me, a bright moment on a somewhat dreary day. I have my suspicions that the vehicle owner/driver served and this is a statement (subtle for the common citizens yet loud for those of us who served) that is more of a connection that affords an acknowledging head-nod moment between veterans. :dry:

Yeah, I'm heading down to Stanwood this weekend for a bit of beach and surfing on the Stillaquamish River ;). My in-laws live there, so I get a lot of the tropical Washington weather!

...and I know exactly what you mean about the silent nod of acknowledgement between veterans, we have the same thing between cops, we just know each other even if we don't know each other

Rick

...and I know exactly what you mean about the silent nod of acknowledgement between veterans, we have the same thing between cops, we just know each other even if we don't know each other

Rick

Bingo!

Btw...I have a HUGE BC contingent in my family as my great grandparents settled there (Victoria) when they emigrated from England in 1906. I still visit them when I can though most are on the mainland in the BC province now. I also worked (for a few years) for a software firm based in Burnaby and was up there seemingly all the time.

You can buy these at the 99 cent store in hollywood , almost every 4 runner sports one in town .

Sounds like my kinda store.