Post War Jump Wing Badge?

Hello@ all,

for 1 week i have become a few thing from a deceased USAF Soldier.

He was a german guy how was stationed 1962 on hawaii as they told me.

I have a question about the Jump Wing Badge.

There is no stamp on it. Could that be?

The 2 buttons are stamped with Ballou Reg'O.

Could someone help me?

Best Regards

Ben

post-111377-0-17177200-1368376200.jpg

ww2relichunter

Yes that is very common must likely a pair from around the Vietnam war !!! Many in that period where not marked on the piece it is for sure an orignal i have no doubts !!

Yes that is very common must likely a pair from around the Vietnam war !!! Many in that period where not marked on the piece it is for sure an orignal i have no doubts !!

that sounds good! Thank you very much for your help.

What do you thing how much is it worth? 10Bugs?

ww2relichunter

the wings themselves would maybe be worth about 7 bucks !! but as a grouping i could see 15 to 20 dollars for all !! and no problem im hear to help !!

• 2 weeks later...
187thAirborne

All wings up to the 50's were pin back, not the post type as your picture shows.........

All wings up to the 50's were pin back, not the post type as your picture shows.........

means now?

Are you talking about only jump wings?

I don't believe that all jump wings prior to the 1950's were pinback. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but while the majority of jump wings from WWII were in fact pin back, some WWII vintage wings were made with clutchbacks. It is kind of the exact opposite of CIBs, where the majority are clutch back, but some few were pinback.

As a general rule of thumb, USAAF and USN wings from WWII were a mix of pin back and clutch back wings. In fact, you can see in the original contract specifications used by the US Government describing the wings it wanted to issue, clutch back attachments were specifically required.

Those are old collecting myths, long since dispelled, that WWII vintage wings were only sterling and only pin back.

militarymodels

Clutch back jump wings did exist prior to the 50's but I'd say very rare and I haven't found any concrete evidence. However, it's definitely not true for other WW2 wings and up to the 50's. They could be pinback, clutchback, sterling and non-sterling manufacture made.

Regards,

Lonnie

militarymodels

In this case, I doubt the wings are from WWII. Vietnam or latter seems appropriate.

Patrick

Agreed, no way these jump wings are from WW2 or even Korean war period.

Regards,

L

187thAirborne

my understanding has been that pin back parachute wings went to clutch back in the 60's. I received my parachute wings in 1948 and they were pin back. I never saw any clutch type wings back then and all the personnel in my unit had pin back wings...