are you a parachute expert? Know the NB6 ?

jgawne

Know the NB6 ?

call the FBI as seen below. They just found a chute which 'may' be the DB Cooper chute.

The FBI press release says as of this morning:

The FBI is seeking people with expert knowledge about NB6 parachutes or new information about the Cooper case. Contact Cooper case agent Larry Carr through the bureau Web site: seattle.fbi.gov.

some kids found it yesterday in the woods. If you are interested a simple search oif DB cooper will turn up the new report.

Steindaddie

As a native of the state where D.B. Cooper made his name, I am watching and waiting to see where this goes. As for now, I'm skeptical. If you read about the 1971 hijacking it seems unlikely that this is his parachute and I'm already thinking it's a hoax or just a long lost chute from an unrelated matter.

Where he might have landed is a very rural area, and to make a few bucks the locals have an annual "D.B. Cooper Days" complete with a look-alike contest and of course, skydivers.

Will

PS. This newly discovered 'chute is serial numbered and dated from 1946, making it 25 years old when DB jumped.

Ah darn. I had hopes they find him. I mean hwo buries a parachute? Except for SPIES! So this must have been from a Russian Spy who landed on the west coast!

The Cooper story is just so cool, but I'm sure he just went splat.