Nice Storage Unit find**AIRBORNE RANGER**

S McKibben

I would have a "FOUT" name tag made for the other pocket if it were mine (there's a company on ebay that makes and ships them for $5.50). Looks great!

S McKibben

Are these his originals or replacements? Looks nice!

The jump wings and oval,shooting badge and 1 DSI are replacements.

• 2 weeks later...
S McKibben

I would have a "FOUT" name tag made for the other pocket if it were mine (there's a company on ebay that makes and ships them for $5.50). Looks great!

Thanks for the idea!!

post-5730-0-97149300-1369763746.jpg

Nice job!

Unless you know which SFG he was in as a SGT/E-5, you can't be sure that the oval is correct. 10th Grp wore a green and red oval.

What color oval would it have been?

The Special Forces background is blue with a gold diagonal stripe and gold edging. I don't know the other units well, but he'd need to be airborne qualified for SF. It wasn't unusual to have a single set of "dress" wings that you moved between greens and khakis.

• 6 years later...
MMcollector

Mr. Fout is attempting to recover his lost military career belongings.  If whoever had This group is willing to part with it back to him, that would be amazing.  

On 5/22/2020 at 1:08 AM, MMcollector said:

Mr. Fout is attempting to recover his lost military career belongings.  If whoever had This group is willing to part with it back to him, that would be amazing.  

The user that posted this collection hasn't logged into the forum for over 4 years.

• 11 months later...
Larry Fout

Wow after many years I can post on this site. 

So many comments I couldn't answer but my main concern is to try to revover those items. 

I have many posts in fb group but I couldn't post here. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2013 at 9:08 PM, 32sbct said:

He does not have a CIB because he apparently is not an Infantry MOS. Look at the collar disc on the left side. Not crossed rifles. And he does not have Infantry distinctive items like the blue background discs and the blue shoulder cord.

Since he has SFG DIU Back then were SF pers not  wearing Branch unassigned collar discs?

It depends on the year of service.. 

My service was 68-70

I think branch unassigned was worn until later in the 70's