S McKibben

Nice Storage Unit find**AIRBORNE RANGER**

There's an Air Medal ribbon on his rack so there should have been an aviation qualification badge...as well as jumpwings and a CIB?!

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Winston Churchill

" Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

Many straight infantrymen earned air medals in Vietnam for participating in heli-borne operations. Very common to see. I also see pin holes for jump wings on the pocket...

I will pay top dollar for original WWII items pertaining to:

OSS

OSS Maritime Unit

NCDU

UDT

Scouts and Raiders

FSSF

Yup there is holes in the pocket. Thanks for that I missed them for sure. They are still going thru the unit so should have more soon. She said there were pics and paperwork, so am keepinf my fingers crossed that its the good stuff!

Facebook Militaria Trading Post https://www.facebook.com/groups/466700773358049/

Looking for WW-2,

88th Inf Div,

99th/394th inf,

1st Cav Groupings/Items

Also Looking For Headgear ALL Countrys.

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

Many straight infantrymen earned air medals in Vietnam for participating in heli-borne operations. Very common to see. I also see pin holes for jump wings on the pocket...

Is that so? OK...fair enough. I wasn't aware of that! (I noted the pin-holes too...jumpwings!)

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Winston Churchill

" Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

Yes...in Vietnam the 101st (his combat patch) was an Air Mobile division, which meant it integrated helicopters in to standard infantry tactics to conduct helicopter-borne assaults. Many of these men earned air medals for these operations...quite a few in some cases. This man probably served a tour in Nam in the 101st, then went to SF...nice tunic!

OSS

OSS Maritime Unit

NCDU

UDT

Scouts and Raiders

FSSF

The Ranger scroll is great too...this man was a LRRP (Long Range Recon Patrol) member under the 101st....75th Ranger Regiment Co. L

OSS

OSS Maritime Unit

NCDU

UDT

Scouts and Raiders

FSSF

Lima Rangers 75th Infantry, like others said we see pin holes for what must be Badge, could be Jump Wings, also could be a marksmanship badge, are there any pin holes above the ribbon rack? CIB or CMB plus Jump Wings? no overseas bars, were there any there once?

Nice find-thanks for sharing!

Looking for: Fourth/ Seventh Rhode Island Infantry items

Purple Heart : Robert L. Freitag KIA ETO 2/11/45

Any US/German items with the last name "Freitag"

also, war-related posters

donation2013.gif

Yes hole for a CIB and Jump wings on the pocket. No evidence of overseas bars that I see.

Pin holes for both badges on the pocket flap and no holes at all above the ribbons? that's odd for this date of 1970, these badges would really be worn above the ribbons, at the very least the CIB being worn above the ribbons with the Jump Wings pinned through an Oval on the pocket flap.

He does not have a CIB because he apparently is not an Infantry MOS. Look at the collar disc on the left side. Not crossed rifles. And he does not have Infantry distinctive items like the blue background discs and the blue shoulder cord.

I'd like to see a clearer picture of the collar insignia on the left side if possible. It is blurry, but it almost looks like the current insignia for a Command Sergeant Major.

He does not have a CIB because he apparently is not an Infantry MOS. Look at the collar disc on the left side. Not crossed rifles. And he does not have Infantry distinctive items like the blue background discs and the blue shoulder cord.

It's "Branch Unassigned," which is correct for a Vietnam era SF enlisted man.

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Member:

ASMIC

OVMS

Primary interests:

The United States Army in WWII

The United States Army in Vietnam

WANTED:

WWII:

551st PIB pocket and shoulder patches

504th PIR real deal pocket patch 

Vietnam:

LDNN (RVN Navy SEAL) pocket patches

As Longhorn stated he is Unassigned branch.Also having a previous tour with L Co he would have a CIB and the blue discs were not widely worn or avaiable and not worn at all with the Unassigned branch insignia

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..