Corpsman Up!

ph0ebus

Hi all,

I got a nice score at my local thrift store (the same that had the vintage Marine Corps shirt and pants for 4.98); I found an autographed copy of 'Corpsman Up!' by Charlie 'Doc' Rose. I am already halfway through it, and it is a pretty good autobiographical account of his experiences in Vietnam. It was an even better read at only 48 cents! I almost got a nice hardcover of Doctor Zhivago too, but I discovered it was missing two pages, and skipped it.

They also had a nice chocolate chip camo jacket and vest, unnamed, but they were tiny (I mean *tiny*), and I passed on them too. At this point, if it is not in my size, or at least close, it's a no go. They turn over their stock pretty readily so something in my size will come along.

Take care,

-Daniel

craig_pickrall

The chocolate chip vest you mentioned is probably the desert camo cover for the woodland pattern ballistic vest.

The chocolate chip vest you mentioned is probably the desert camo cover for the woodland pattern ballistic vest.

Are these rare or hard to come by? I would think not given it is practically new, but then again, I am new to this hobby (relatively speaking).

-Daniel