WWI German Made Officer Emblem

Brig

Latest addition to my collection. Very interesting emblem, thin pin with wire clasp and interesting swivel on the pin, notice the crude remnants of metal remaining in the globe and obvious file marks on the edges and rear. Similar emblems were once discussed here...

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/23087-ww1-cast-officers-egas-german/

Now...the long quest to find a match!

101_2373.JPG

Do you know any history of his? Any images? Always interested in seeing these scarce ones

• 3 weeks later...
Schnicklfritz

Hi Brig, Are you sure about the German made id? I've always associated this style of pin and clasp set up as French made items. I've seen it on US collar discs too.

the debate seems to be between French and German...likely occupation made by troops, as the French had a different style they were churning out, as well. As far as I'm concerned, it's still up in the air

teufelhunde.ret

I'm w/ Brig on this one. D.J. had posted a set w/ a German made post war Officer Tunic. Character, features etc are very, very similar. Look closely in the wings, anchor stock, etc, one can see remnants of a German (don't recall the name he used for it) paint.

BRIG - German made officer service collar2.JPG