m-14 mag pick-up

dskjl

devildog34

Fantastic these are fairly difficult to find I understand. Nice that you got 'em while the gettin' was good!

Semper Fi

blitzkrieg gsd

Are you planning on selling any of them? If so I would be interested in the ones still in the package.

Are you planning on selling any of them? If so I would be interested in the ones still in the package.

Thanks I will keep you in mind if I decide to sell them. Right now I don't plan on it but my son never shoots the m-14 anymore so they may end up on the block.

D, you have the luck of the Irish, and the pocketbook to match!! ;)

Always after me lucky charms, yellow diamonds, blue stars, green clovers, and old militaria.

squirrely

These are even hard to find near major bases - and believe me, they are still in use! Great find!

That is still up for debate I guess,, I hear things have not settled as many of the Sherrifs and Police chiefs are not standing behind the efforts to limit the round count to 10. Local Gun shops are still selling them and there may be a pre-ban rule coming.

The bill reads that large capacity magazines 10 rounds or more cannot be sold, tranfered or possesd after July 1st 2013. The intersting thing is that it also says if you own it before July 1st 2013 you are not subject to the limitation so as long you do not sell or transfer them and you owned them prior to July 1st 2013 you are ok. Goofy as heck. You can keep what you have, but not posses them after the deadline, how does that work I wonder?

Thanks,

Awesome find and currently a good investment. A find like that is like finding a box of 100 dollar bills.

Is there a date on the packaging?

Awesome find and currently a good investment. A find like that is like finding a box of 100 dollar bills.

Is there a date on the packaging?

some are 90's and one is 69

• 2 weeks later...

That is still up for debate I guess,, I hear things have not settled as many of the Sherrifs and Police chiefs are not standing behind the efforts to limit the round count to 10. Local Gun shops are still selling them and there may be a pre-ban rule coming.

The bill reads that large capacity magazines 10 rounds or more cannot be sold, tranfered or possesd after July 1st 2013. The intersting thing is that it also says if you own it before July 1st 2013 you are not subject to the limitation so as long you do not sell or transfer them and you owned them prior to July 1st 2013 you are ok. Goofy as heck. You can keep what you have, but not posses them after the deadline, how does that work I wonder?

Thanks,

It's been that way since Jan. 1, 2000 here in California, and you can possess and use any "hi-cap" magazine in a legally configured firearm if you owned it before then without restriction, we don't even have a mag capacity restriction for hunting with a rifle here. It's damn near unenforceable, and even more so if you're legally able to rebuild your existing mags with new components, as we are. We can still buy 10+ round mags, provided they are sold, bought, or shipped disassembled into components as a "repair kit". The only way I've seen people get in trouble for receiving parts and assembling them into a functioning magazine was if they weren't in California before the ban and were in possession of "hi-cap" mags.

I guess if someone had a 30rd mag and was born after the ban took effect, then it would be easy enough to prove.