10 camouflage patterns for 4 services....

askari

Interesting article, I could only think of 8 so I thought I was behind the curve, but I guess they included BDU and DCU.

Johnny Signor

The word "redundancy" comes to mind along with "Wasted Taxpayers $$$$$$$$$$$$$$", but our troops do need the best in field conditions, but come on get one design finalized and make all the services use it, and save a LOT of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The British military has/had two...verdant DPM and desert DPM. These have now been supplemented by our version of Multicam, known as MTP (Multi Terrain Pattern) which will be universal and will replace all others by 2016. It's called "standardization"! ;)

I've already read articles about that, and I just can't understand why they did so many different studies :rolleyes:

When I see sailors at see or airmen on airfields with camo pattern, it makes me laugh but it's a shame and citizen's money could be used for better goals.

Apparently the USMC succeed in finding a good pattern, for a reasonnable price ... but they copyrighted it :blink: ... now war is a commercial process ??

Apparently the USMC succeed in finding a good pattern, for a reasonnable price ... but they copyrighted it :blink: ... now war is a commercial process ??

Chinese or paki made cheap knock off uniforms in Marpat are all over Africa. I doubt the makers paid the Corps for the use of the camo pattern ! ;)

Still...it's not all bad news. I'm sure the collecting community are duly grateful to the US government for giving them so many patterns/variants to collect! :D

m1ashooter

All of this is a huge waste of my tax dollars. It is the problem with our gov't over the last 12 years. They think they have an unlimited expense account. OD ripstops would be functional for the USAF, I've got a pair of the ABU's and they are heavy and hot. The Army and Marines should wear the same cammo and sea going sailors in camo, give me a break. Bell bottom pants, white hats and light blue work shirts were good enough in WWII so why not now. The sea hasn't changed.

It's all about BOS "identity" spawned by inter-service rivalry....ie, military politics! I could never figure out why camos were routinely worn within office environments such as the Penatgon, rather than Class As...though I think I read somewhere that there's been a change of policy in regard to that?

Chinese or paki made cheap knock off uniforms in Marpat are all over Africa. I doubt the makers paid the Corps for the use of the camo pattern ! ;)

Your'e right, Andrei and the policy of the USMC is even more incomprehensible :rolleyes: