WWII Chaplain Grouping with Captain Helmet

Pops369

Here is a link to an estate sale this Thursday in Monroe, MI. It is a grouping of a WWII Chaplain. I cannot be there as I live two states away. The helmet is a fixed bail with a metal cross on front. They said the family has his complete service records. They also said they are going to be asking $1,800 for the helmet. Someone called and offered them that for it already. Not sure if that price is good or not.

http://www.caringtransitions.net/DesktopModules/PropertyAgent/Print.aspx?ModuleID=2529&TabID=20074&PropertyID=2144&Template=RealEstate

BigDogMilitaria

I was watching that one, only about an hour away. I think there will be people waiting over night for that one. Ive seen it done for much, much less around here. Looks like a sweet helmet set.

pathfinder505

I think I will call and offer $4,000. :lol: Might as well drive the price really high!

What is a helmet like that really worth?

Without any direct provenance(name on helmet), no liner, only a follow-me bar and assuming it doesn't have a cross on the front... $1800.00 is a tad high. Of course we have only two rather poor photo's to base this on.

• 1 month later...

I would have given my left arm for that chaplain kit if it was complete. Well, maybe a finger off of my left hand . . .