Invisible Enemy - video

medic_44

Hello,

Check out please Normandia 44 and Rangers at the Point video procution.

All remarks are welcomed!

Thanks and enjoy :)

Gentlemen, very nice job and portrayal but, yes, the ever present "but":

Have your weapons cocked, both type SMGs in your video fire from the "open bolt" position...that is unless your weapons cannot be physically cocked.

Don't really tie anything such as the pistol holster to yourself. Yes, it is good to have it tied off for a parachute insertion but afterward it could be the means of your death if you had to shed your web gear in an emergency such as a deep river crossing gone bad.

Don't bunch around your casualty. There is truth to the old maxim; "One grenade could get you all". Keep your security out while treating your guy.

Great moulage on the casualty, his death segment was well done. As for treatment, use his stuff first. Ideally each member of the squad has his stuff uniformly positioned on his gear so it can be easily retrieved by someone else be it for a battle dressing or extra ammo.

Generally good movement with alternating weapons positioning.

I detected an accent...are you guys all from the midwest? ;-}

Great depiction and really nicely done video.

PFC Rossi

Not bad!
I praise especially the effort of speaking english, it's something many non-native speakers group don't do very often...

As for the remarks, I must say you shouldn't have stayed there and standing, around the dead, and not bewaring of the enemy; also I've seen you didn't bend the intravenous tube to regulate the feeding.

And for the rest just some OD7 helmet chinstrap and M43 boots that maybe are a little early for Normandy

Thank you guys for the feedback J

@rr01

The weapons we carry are all replicas. They are mostly spanish made Denix or some air soft (like the grease gun) ones. As far as I know (I’m a medic so I do not carry any firing weapon ) they do not have a moving part which could make them look more realistic.

Some of us have some military training but of course today’s tactic is a little bit different from the WW II period of time. Gathering around wounded soldier is a mistake of course (or lack of security), we’ll work on it for sure.

I’m thinking about dressing wounded person with it’s own FIK. I’ve read some medics diaries and testimonies and did not notice that they used wounded GI’s dressing. Hmm have to do more searching I guess…

As for the accent J we’re Polish and we’re suppose to speak with Polish American accent from Chicago area for example and with less formal language (as I heard from some native speaker).

@PFC Rossi

Thanks for praising our language efforts – we try to be more reliable thanks to it and I hope it works (despite the accent as I mentioned above).

There was pretty heavy rain during filming so the webbing could look darker than when it is dry. Yup, you are right as for the m43 boots. They should not appear at this stage of campaign.

I took out the plasma in a hurry and forget to bend the tube, thanks for that remark.

In general we should focus on details (both tactics and equipment) because they could kill the best movie J

Again, thanks for your opinion guys.

Regards

Doc

I grew up around "Little Warsaw" in Chicago - you sounded like the guys in my neighborhood. Good job with the English.

In the excitement, forgetting the vent tube was probably normal for a rookie medic. Very effective wounded scene. advice - Use bandages freely - the GI medics were vary wasteful and may have used several Carlisle bandages - they usually left a very messy site when they were done. Use repro packaging to "make a mess" of the area. Good advice on using the wounded GI's kit first. Doc would have used items from his own kit as he knew what was available.

Critique: Weapons handling was a bit modern - use Port Arms when patroling, not with the muzzle down. More than a bit bunched up, but some artistic license should be allowed, or you would need a wide angle lens to shoot the whole scene. Minor details (bolts, boots, etc) but didn't detract from overall scene. Too many units represented, though - have your guys all patched the same. Morphine Syrette - use it in the non-wounded leg, as you have tied off the other limb and blood flow is restricted.

Overall, great effort!

Thank you guys for the feedback, it will surely help us with improving our impressions!

stay safe

Doc

Thank you guys for the feedback J

@rr01

The weapons we carry are all replicas. They are mostly spanish made Denix or some air soft (like the grease gun) ones. As far as I know (I’m a medic so I do not carry any firing weapon ) they do not have a moving part which could make them look more realistic.

Some of us have some military training but of course today’s tactic is a little bit different from the WW II period of time. Gathering around wounded soldier is a mistake of course (or lack of security), we’ll work on it for sure.

I’m thinking about dressing wounded person with it’s own FIK. I’ve read some medics diaries and testimonies and did not notice that they used wounded GI’s dressing. Hmm have to do more searching I guess…

As for the accent J we’re Polish and we’re suppose to speak with Polish American accent from Chicago area for example and with less formal language (as I heard from some native speaker).

@PFC Rossi

Thanks for praising our language efforts – we try to be more reliable thanks to it and I hope it works (despite the accent as I mentioned above).

There was pretty heavy rain during filming so the webbing could look darker than when it is dry. Yup, you are right as for the m43 boots. They should not appear at this stage of campaign.

I took out the plasma in a hurry and forget to bend the tube, thanks for that remark.

In general we should focus on details (both tactics and equipment) because they could kill the best movie J

Again, thanks for your opinion guys.

Regards

Doc

Doc, In truth my comments are small in comparison to the great work you did this first time out. There may not be any SOP about using the casualties own first aid gear but it is a common practice because the guy will soon be evacuated so it is better to send him back with empty pouches, including ammo.

My comment about the accent was a backhanded compliment to your use of English. This is a top notch piece of work and I look forward to seeing more.

You guys look pretty good. I can not offer any other suggestions except what has already been mentioned-

Change the way you carry your weapons. In a real tactical situation spread out a little more, Make sure everyone is portraying the

same unit. With just a little adjustments you all will look really squared away!

Transport out

Thanks Transport and the rest of you, guys, too.

We're currently working on the next production and will use your remarks for sure :)

DOC

Very nice, I didnt read all of the comments but one point of advice just from my observation is you guys made A LOT of noise while walking through the water, if I was an enemy in the area it definitely would have gotten my attention. Other than that good film!

@schofield - yeah, the lapping of the watter was maybe too loud but, believe me, it was pretty hard to walk quietly :)

Thanks

@schofield - yeah, the lapping of the watter was maybe too loud but, believe me, it was pretty hard to walk quietly :)

Thanks

You really can't do a whole lot about that type noise but what you CAN do is take turns posting individuals along the line of march so they can get an idea of the actual noise made as a group approaches and passes. In real conditions it builds confidence about how to actually approach opposing positions. Keep up the good work.