"Fortress Wales 2013"....photo-report (pic heavy!)

Sabrejet

RustyCanteen

Most likely the only fake that will not be rejected on this forum :D

I agree! B)

If you refer back to the farmhouse picture, the brown tarp on the right covers the trailer's tow-hook and when the exterior cellar doors are opened, they reveal the trailer's right-hand wheel. An ingenious piece of design!

RustyCanteen

If you refer back to the farmhouse picture, the brown tarp on the right covers the trailer's tow-hook and when the exterior cellar doors are opened, they reveal the trailer's right-hand wheel. An ingenious piece of design!

I would never have guessed that just looking at it. That's some impressive design work for a display.

I would never have guessed that just looking at it. That's some impressive design work for a display.

Have ruin...will travel! ;)

As a matter of interest, can anyone tell me the significance of the fox fur (?) trim on the Union soldiers' kepis, as seen in the first pics on page one? Thanks!

littlebuddy

As a matter of interest, can anyone tell me the significance of the fox fur (?) trim on the Union soldiers' kepis, as seen in the first pics on page one? Thanks!

they could be in disguise as they are really a part of the local hunt !!!! :P

British WW2. The bombed-out French farmhouse was designed and built by them. It's a clever piece of kit which "flat-packs" into its own trailer!

This is too cool!

They must be portraying either the 13th Pennsylvania Reserve, or the 149th or 150th Pennsylvania regiments. They were known as the "Bucktails" since they wore deer tails to decorate their hats.

They must be portraying either the 13th Pennsylvania Reserve, or the 149th or 150th Pennsylvania regiments. They were known as the "Bucktails" since they wore deer tails to decorate their hats.

Deer tails? Right...gotcha! Thanks for that. ;)

norwegian blue

me again...

Ian, thanks so much for so many excellent pictures and taking the time to resise/post them!

jonesy1275

Just the one from me for the moment but it all came together over the weekend with the debut of the handcart and drop container.

Jeep--handcart_zps9a1761d7.jpg

Neil.

AFFlyboy2009

British army WW2 Bofors AA gun and Scamell prime mover.

Wow what an amazing experience this must've been!! Great pictures! I'm especially a fan of the lady in blue, haha! And of course your 40mm! I fly with her every week so she holds a special place in my heart!!

m1ashooter

Ian thank you for all of the wonder pictures. It just breaks my heart seeing all those wonderful weapons to know they have been deactivated. Are the muskets at least allowed to function?

Also please in the future post the CSA pictures first as the letter C comes before Y, as in Yankee in the alphabet.

did you bring any loot home from the show?

Cheers

Thanks Gary...glad you found it interesting...no offence meant to you Southern boys! :DRegarding "loot", just an(other!) M1 helmet and some assorted spares!