"Fortress Wales 2013"....photo-report (pic heavy!)

Sabrejet

cutiger83

Ian,

Great pictures! I would have been there for HOURS!!

I really liked the bombed out building that you said can be packed up and stored on a truck.

Thanks for showing these....Kat

Current US Army gear....

Now how did that get there? :) Great to see a show span over 100years of wars...if I ever plan a trip that way I think it would have to be around this event!

Now how did that get there? :) Great to see a show span over 100years of wars...if I ever plan a trip that way I think it would have to be around this event!

In the overall scale of things this is a modest show. The two "biggies" are in July and August respectively...."War & Peace" and " A Military Odyssey"...both held in the county of Kent, England.

Thanks Saber for this very nice photo report ... no need to cross the Channel, we have our own USMF international reporter B)

RustyCanteen

Wonderful photos Ian!

For a "modest" event it sure looks like a good one. The impressions were well done, and it at times would have been difficult to distinguish from an event held stateside. Of course we do not have as many castles.. ;)

The "fake" French farmhouse was very convincing, certainly an ingenious display.

Thanks Saber for this very nice photo report ... no need to cross the Channel, we have our own USMF international reporter B)

Merci beaucoup Etienne! ;)

The "fake" French farmhouse was very convincing, certainly an ingenious display.

Most likely the only fake that will not be rejected on this forum :D

Merci beaucoup Etienne! ;)

You're welcome, my friend ;)

The only thing I regret not photographing was the inside of the VN group's "hootch". It was very well done. I went inside to speak to one of the guys who showed me his '67 gear and got so engrossed I forgot to snap away...fool that I am! :wacko: