Wool shirt with fabic lined collar?

Speidy

Hi,

I've heard that it was common for a soldier to line their shirt's collar with material to help with shafting, but oddly enough I've never seen a shirt in person with this modification. I did a quick search and nothing popped up. Does anyone have a shirt like this that they wouldn't mind showing? I wanted to try this on a repro shirt.

Thanks

Hi,

I've heard that it was common for a soldier to line their shirt's collar with material to help with shafting, but oddly enough I've never seen a shirt in person with this modification. I did a quick search and nothing popped up. Does anyone have a shirt like this that they wouldn't mind showing? I wanted to try this on a repro shirt.

Thanks

What period are we talking about WWI, WWII, SpanAm War?

Officer's shirts routinely had rayon-lined collars. If it's an EM's shirt it would have been added, or else a superior quality private purchase example.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an 11th Airborne shirt with white para silk in the collar.WW2 pattern shirt but I believe the vet served in Korea.I know a vet from the 101st.He served in WW2.His collars were lined in camo parachute material as well as his overseas cap(s)

Garandomatic

Not a shirt, but i recently got rid of what i think was a slightly prewar marine dress blue jacket with a dark Navy blue velvet lined collar. Crudely done, probably did it himself.