Newly acquired jump wings...

alktrio06

Here are two jump wings that I just got. One is Brit made the other is Luxemburg marked. These are without a doubt one of the more prized pieces in my collection already!

Pardon the dirty carpet....;)

IMAG0404_zps32966148.jpg?t=1367707894

IMAG0405_zps8e76ca73.jpg?t=1367707068

Unfortunately, the Luxemburg's are a know reproduction. They are made and sold by Joe W., as Lux did not make jump wings. I'm not getting a good vibe off of the S.S. wings either. I have not seen fake S.S. wings, but these appear to be a cast copy. S. S. wings almost always appear to be of low quality on the reverse, these look like they might have cast pock marks, or it's just the photo...

rustywings

I'm afraid I agree wholeheartedly with Camopara. Both pieces appear to be cast and made to deceive the buyer. Return for full refund, if you can.

Russ

rustywings

Most of us have had similar encounters. Kind of kills the joy of collecting when unsuspecting buyers get taken by the crap Joe W. continues to produce. Those fantasy Luxenberg jump wings have fooled many advanced collectors...and Joe W continues to profit from ill gotten gains while pretending to be a friend of the hobby!

Russ

INDEED--- THE LUXIES ARE REPRO.. A SHAME BUT, THE REMBRANDTS OF MILITARIA ARE ALWAYS FINDING NEW WAYS TO SCREW COLLECTORS AND LINE THEIR POCKETS.