WAVES Listing

rosieres64

rosieres64

Does anyone know if there is a listing of women that served in the WAVES during WW II ?

I am trying to find info on my Aunt who served in the WAVES as a parachute rigger.

Thanks

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Just curious...do you mind if I ask for your Aunt's name? A long shot but I have a WAVE uniform and she was a Parachute Rigger. Ya never know. Or, I can get the name on my uniform and let you know.

I don't know of a place for WAVE research but I would like to know, too. I'll start looking and let you know. Women are really difficult to research.

Steve

I'll look for the name tonight. I fully understand.

What caught my attention about this uniform was that it DID have the Parachute Rigger patch and she had a LONG piece of white chute for her scarf.

I would contact Gov.com and ask for any records. Since you are related it should be no problem for you.

• 3 months later...

After 20 months of searching I found the information I needed.

Hopefully, NPRC will have her records.

Good luck in finishing that search!

Ironically, the easiest veterans to track down online are the Civil War vets!

When it comes to WWII veterans, the Marine Corps Muster Rolls are the most comprhensive of any service. There are the WWII Army Enlistment Records which show basic enlistment info and service numbers, but there's zero info about assigments. The WWII Navy Muster Rolls are a pretty good source of info about sailors who served aboard ships. All of those require a paid service, i.e. ancestry.com, except for the Army enlistment records which are free.

Fold3.com can be a good source for info on ETO aircrews who were shot down as well as for Navy aviation units in the Pacific, but again it's a paid service.

It would be nice if some more paper records were to be digitized and made available.

After 20 months of searching I found the information I needed.

Hopefully, NPRC will have her records.

Congrats! It looks like your hard work is paying off!

...Kat