Looking for help to identify two leather .45 mag pouches

Steve1987

Steve1987
Hi,
I picked up some USGI mags and pouches recently that I think are surplus USGI. All the pouches came loaded with two-tone USGI mags. I'm not sure what exactly the following two mag pouches are? Hopefully some members here can help me out.
1922 Jefferson Quatermaster Depot. I'm not sure what branch would have used this leather holster? I have read this is a rare mag pouch, can someone confirm how often these show up and maybe a comment on value?
8709408766_fbd08835bc.jpg
8709408450_94ae2c1df6.jpg
8709408234_996e66037c.jpg
And this one I have no idea of the vintage or branch of service? Not sure where to start on it... It might even be private purchase WWI era?
8708286951_34c9f8ed6e.jpg

8709408972_62f5869aef.jpg

Thanks!
-Steve

panzerbait

Steve,

The first ammo pouch I've seen used as part of a Military Police (US) rig. Possibly for use in embassies, HQ's, etc. as opposed to the white gear used for traffic control. The 2nd pouch I've never seen before.

panzerbait

Constabulary

The top one belongs to M-1921 "Sam Browne" Leather outfits for Officers. The one below is unknown but probably belongs to a similar set.M-1921_Officer_Belt.JPG

M-1921_Officer_Belt5.JPG

Steve1987

Hi, Thanks for the info!

I think the second one is actually British/Canadian for the WWI era Sam Browne (unless someone can tell me different?)

Does the Jefferson 1922 example have any value?

Cheers,

-Steve

• 3 weeks later...
187thAirborne

the cartouche on the leather looks like it just came out of the factory ??? any leather that's been around for 100 year should look 100 ????

the cartouche on the leather looks like it just came out of the factory ??? any leather that's been around for 100 year should look 100 ????

Hi,

Not necessarily. There are still some nice sharp cartouches on some old leather items!

-Steve

Hi,

Not necessarily. There are still some nice sharp cartouches on some old leather items!

-Steve

Agreed

I have a few dated from the 1920s til 1948 and most are in mew condition.Mostlikely as they were seldom worn.