US / British Made Canteen Cover Belt Cup What do I have?

devincu

Hey guys I am not much of a Field Gear collector but I was in an antique mall the other night and I spotted this set for cheap so I picked it up. (sadly it didn't come with a canteen) The cup I know is US because it is marked US Ingersoll Products but is not dated. Then there is a removable band around the cup that is marked US 91 Handcrest with a contract number 8465-01-250-3632 The heavy canvas cover is in great condition but is not marked at all except a black ink stamp in the bottom "456" It also has the typical WWII era brass Lift Dot snaps but cover is not lined at all and has brass belt type straps on the back to hold it to the belt which appears to me to be brit made as it has crown 63 HTK (M) stamped on the back. The belt is also a heavy khaki canvas with brass fixtures and a green stripe down the back side. Anyway I will post a few photos. I would be very grateful for any help in identifying the set and what era.

Thank you

Devin

post-59872-0-02527300-1367721573.jpg

RustyCanteen

The cup & stove are US. The belt is a post WWII Danish copy of the British Pattern-37 equipment, I believe the canteen cover is also Danish.

RC

The cup & stove are US. The belt is a post WWII Danish copy of the British Pattern-37 equipment, I believe the canteen cover is also Danish.

RC

Thanks RC at least that gives me a place to start. I wasn't sure if they were something used by us at some point but they sure are cool. They really remind me of US WWII gear!

Devin

29thinfgeek

Definately a Danish made belt, not too sure about the canteen cover though, it looks a bit odd. You can see a Danish made one below, along with some other web gear with HTK markings

M1iXGfy.jpg

AV9sbLH.jpg

Frederik