Chinese KMT Blood Chit........Canceled?

M60 Driver

M60 Driver

I have this nice silk blood chit that came in small lot of aviation related items that are period pieces. But I can't find any references to such items that have a canceled stamp as does this one. Any thoughts?

post-779-0-34068900-1367706653.jpg

ww2relichunter

i would think it is one that was unissued and the Chinese government canceled it since it wasnt used in the war and was prolly in a factory or warehouse some year. But still neat never seen one before !

When a chit holder was returning home many times they would allow him to keep his chit. They would stamp it cancelled to show it was no longer a valid chit.

Bill in VA

When a chit holder was returning home many times they would allow him to keep his chit. They would stamp it cancelled to show it was no longer a valid chit.

Presuming it was issued, shouldn't it have a serial number? Both of mine have a serial number, and all the others I've seen, including modern/recent ones do too.

Jack's Son

It's probably a fake, with a fake stamp on it, 2 fakes make it real! :) I've never seen one like Thai and I have several that are stamped but were never issued in the CBI theater.

M60 Driver

FWIW, everything else in the lot is legitimate. The serial number is plainly visible, #W 10103. According to some of the reference links I found on a related thread, this is a very low serial number. My guess is that as these were often issued to specific people and that perhaps someone taken off flight status might have had their chits canceled once no longer being authorized, for whatever reason, to serve overseas.