COLD'82  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Presentation

• Presentation
    • War Reenacment Group

british-rat

logocold82_zpsa5fe3d34.jpg

Hello everyone

We are pleased to debut a COLD'82 - War Reenactment Group or Group Historical Reconstruction of the South Atlantic conflict. We see best platform to do that this forum everyday continues to consolidate itself as a benchmark serious and truthful, we want to have it as a base.
COLD'82 born with a new concept of recreation groups, has no official headquarters nor a defined number of permanent members. The key is to take shape with the participation of already formed groups as well as individuals. They use their input to shape all together different representation of both English and Argentine units, enjoying a gathering with friends, sharing knowledge, live the experience of wearing their uniforms to finally pay tribute to all the men who participated in the war . So pleasant is the proposal that even different people who did not participate in the session, generously contributed pieces to complement the photographs. The slogan is trying to represent both nations faced in reconstructions, mil-sim, fairs, exhibitions, museums, etc..
By way of introduction, we shared a photo shoot with seven members in total. The speaker is "The Green Machine" and "British-rat" with members of the "2nd. Battalion Rock Scorpions Oversea" Antonio (Sgt Highway) Juanfran (Willard) and Dani (Danihawk). David (photographer) who had the great responsibility of photography. Moreover Adrian and Alvaro ("Force Recon" Airsoft group).
Coordinators who do want to thank each and every one of them the attitude, effort, collaboration, involvement, responsibility and feeling that this group turned to reconstruction in Andalusia.
Finally invite anyone who would like to participate and join the future productions or events and be, for as long as a COLD'82 more.
Coming soon we will upload the photographs, product of the first group session in Seville (Spain)

primerasesionfalklands2_zpsba716774.jpg

Nice, but nothing much to do with the US military (the point of this forum), unless you happen to mention the US mercenaries fighting with the Argies.... ;)

Cheers,

Glen.

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

US Cold War action was mostly along the Easter Bloc in Europe, Central/South America (and Carribean), Korea Etc..

Grenada, Panama, 38th Parallel but most of the actions (A) were too small to reenacting (B) Got Jungle? © Still Classified

Unless of course you decide to put together a convoy and drive around the countryside firing blanks as in Reforger or other trainings excercises. Speaking for me personally, I have watched one modern movie, and only read a couple of books relating to military actions after the Vietnam War- and I just cannot find it in my heart to reenact/display anything Post Vietnam because it hits too close to home for me. I guess it's a personal thing, but I really enjoy commemorating all those that came before me (Vietnam Era) but have ZERO interest, for whatever reason, in doing anything Post 1975. Can't figure out why.

But I do appreciate that that Post Vietnam Cold War Era was significant and that others are interested in commemorating it.

Just my .02 cents.

Rock

Hi,

Great initiative! Unless the fact that haven't any connection us military, main subject of the forum, great idea to represent this conflit not so much represented in reenactment events, like all "modern" (post vietnam) conflicts or battles.

Btw, i do same thing with my group but for french army, we represent french advisors (DFAO) of Chad army/Gendarmerie, at benning of 80's, very interesting era and subject. And pretty uncommon, even in France.

So i stop my off subject now ^^

Thierry

Bellumbill

As a Yank with an interest in the Falklands War, cracking good pic!

Best,

Bill K.

As a Yank veteran, who did some training with 3rd Para after the Falklands dance party, when they came to Ft. Lewis, I say "Bravo Gentlemen, job nicely done! I think for all else mentioned, it is for US Militaria.

Good luck with your group.

However, as noted, this is outside of the focus of the US Militaria Forum.

Should your unit choose to reenact any US units, please feel free to post again.