Tommy Learys War- Pearl Harbor

tarbridge

Brian Dentino

RIP Sailor......a very sad story told in these documents. I can't imagine the anguish of knowing that your son had not only been KIA, but that it took the USN Department so long to recover his remains and get them identified. Truly a sacrifice....thanks for sharing it here with us and keeping his memory alive.

Robert Stunning! This group truely is an incredible time capsule.Easily one of the most complete and well documented Pearl Harbor groups I have ever seen. As the son of a Pearl harbor survivor these are all special to me. Rip Sailor.

I echo the above and it's hard not to get emotional looking at these. But that's the point, isn't it?

Incredibly well-documented.group. I'd love to be a keeper of something like that. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Pete-o MSU

Finally the pictures! Great group Robert better than you described. Thanks for showing excellenct remembrance

Pete

RustyCanteen

A very historical group, that is so well documented.

It's tragic that 24 hours after his last letter was mailed, he was killed.

Hello Robert,

Words truly fail me here, all I can say is thank you for taking so much time to scan, photograph and document all of this material and then post it here for us. The card mailed on the 6 Dec 1941 felt like a time machine, taking me back to the time when dark clouds loomed ahead, but we were not "officially" part of the conflict as far as an official declaration of war. The "Aloha" in the card turned out to mean goodbye in this instance, and really hit home with me.

Your thread on this honored Veteran makes me reflect on the human side of the items in my own collection that I see and touch everyday. It humbles me and makes me feel and privileged to be able to "know" these people.

Thank you,

Joe

aerialbridge

Wonderful tribute to Tommy and his Pearl Harbor brothers and sisters in arms. His legacy is in good hands and would that whoever possesses it 50 years from now honors it and keeps it intact as you will.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...