WWI Tunic question

Mitter2k1

Mitter2k1

I just picked up my first WWI tunic and the only issue I have at the moment is the hooks for the collar are missing. Does anyone know where I can get original replacements, or do I have to resort to the store brand? I have looked at the modern ones online. Is there a particular size I should get as I don't have access to a tunic other than my own. Anyone have any info on this? Thanks

Too Much WW1 Militaria

Keep an eye out on E-Bay, also, run an ad on here looking for them. The hooks were made by multiple makers, (just like the tunics), so, the style of eye/hook really doesn't matter.

John

You'll need dull brass rather than the shiny chrome types commonly found today.

I have a set as well.Both of the top hooks and eyes.Also the two hooks for the bottom of the jacket.The set is a bit crusty but originals

Mitter2k1

If anyone has 2 of the original hooks they are willing to part with, please send me a pm. Thanks

dakotanorth

You could always check a tailoring supply store. They tend to be traditional and carry more "old-world" supplies.

A great example is B Black and Sons in LA- I would assume other major cities have something similar.

Jp

Mitter2k1

Thanks for looking Terry. I may possibly put a stitch or two in it to hold it closed when I get a mannequin. That should hold it over until I find some originals. Thanks guys.

Mike M