My Office and USMC family history

Hi, that's a very nice office B)

I don't even imagine having some military item in my office, I'm always impressed when I see yours.

Collecting USMC AEF 1917-18 & PTO 1941-45, US Navy PTO 1941-45.

Most seeked items : USMC dog tags from 1915 to 1945, USN corpsman dog tags and other identified items, USN id'd M1 helmets.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

Beautiful, wonderful office !!!

In memory of 798 Marine Raiders who were killed in action in World War II.

In memory of four U.S. Army Servicemans from 328th regiment , 26th infantry division.

THOMAS BOWMAN KIA 10/30 1944

WILLIAM Bereza KIA 12/24 1944

CHESTER MUNDELIUS KIA 3/14 1945

ALAN Milne KIA 4/8 1945

And when he gets to Heaven, Saint Peter he will tell: "Another Marine reporting, sir — I've served my time in Hell!"

Stucky

Very nice display,

I am curious about one thing, as I have often though of doing something similar to my headgear. How do you hand the headgear so that the sweatbands or the inner liners do not stretch? One other question as well if you do not mind me asking, do you clean the headgear periodically. I noticed that there is a heating/cooling vent near where the hats are. Do you have any concerns about the heat/cooling damaging the headgear??

Thanks again for sharing, very impressive display. I would like to hear more about your family history and the story behind the portraits on the wall..

Thanks again for sharing

Leigh

"Pain is only Weakness Leaving the Body"

MSG Leigh E Smith Jr
US Army (Retired)

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Stucky

Very nice display,

I am curious about one thing, as I have often though of doing something similar to my headgear. How do you hand the headgear so that the sweatbands or the inner liners do not stretch? One other question as well if you do not mind me asking, do you clean the headgear periodically. I noticed that there is a heating/cooling vent near where the hats are. Do you have any concerns about the heat/cooling damaging the headgear??

Thanks again for sharing, very impressive display. I would like to hear more about your family history and the story behind the portraits on the wall..

Thanks again for sharing

Leigh

Same questions here but definitely a neat display!

GOT SEABEE ITEMS? PM ME!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

So funny story on the covers, they were actually hanging off of push pins on the backs of the covers. They have been there for two years and the sweat bands/leather have not changed shape one bit. Im just in the middle of PCSing right now and i will have to set it all up again in my new office. i will be sure to post the new set up once I am all settled. The air vent didnt push any dust over the covers at all, though Im sure the cleaning lady that comes in three times a week helps keeps the dust down. When I took them off the wall, there was literally no dust on them. To hang the M1892 dress helmet, i ran some string through the wagon wheel and attached the string to a hook in the wall so it doesn't lean crooked to one side.

donation2017.gif

Great Display

S/F John

Wanted: USMC Helicopter related items

Collector of Marine Corps Helicopter / Rotary aviation items from the late 1940s to present

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

Starting from the far right

Cousin Capt USMC AH1 pilot (no pic)

Cousin Sgt USMC still active

Cousin Cpl USMC OEF PH, medically retired

Sister in law, Sgt USMC OIF2 drill instructor PI

Myself GySgt USMC still active

brother SSgt OIF1 OIF2 OEF drill instructor san diego

Uncle Col USAF (not pictured)

uncle Sgt USMC

Uncle Sgt USMC

Father SSgt USMC, embassy duty cuba, Thailand

Grandfather Cpl USMC, Guadalcanal, Tinian, Okinawa, Korea

Great Uncle Maj USMC Pearl Harbor, Bronze star, Pacific theater

Great Uncle SSgt USMC, Pacific Theater

Great Uncle Tsgt Army European theater (no pic)

Great Great Uncle GySgt USMC, (no pic) ww1 france 13th reg 5th Marines

great great great Uncle Pvt Union Army 11th reg inf vol kia vicksburg MS

Great great great uncle Pvt union Army 28th reg EMM

that would be about everyone that is on my side of the family. Still doing research, but there are alot of us that were in the service.

donation2017.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...